Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Blankments Productions Prepares For the Family Movie of Christmas - BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Marc Webb directs another musical for Blankments Productions, one with his most esteemed cast yet and prepared as a tentpole. Featuring Anne Hathaway, Michael Fassbender, and Chris Pratt as leads, the film also has an all-star cast of Julie Andrews, Max Charles, Josh Gad, John Hurt, Queen Latifah, Christopher Lee, Idina Menzel, Simon Pegg, and David Tennant. With the acclaimed soundtrack of the Broadway musical, the film also will feature an original song, "Those In My Way," written by Alan Menken and performed by Chris Pratt. Blankments Productions hopes it'll be a highlight of many families' Christmas breaks!

• Like 1

Cookie Pictures - The Rising Tide

Part 1 - The Richest Duck in the World

Earlier this week newcomer Cookie Pictures and its animation division Cookie Pictures Animation greenlighted a sequel to their debut picture The Adventures of Scrooge McDuck and staked a release date before the first film had even opened. The studio confirmed this decision was based on strong early tracking and to us showed a studio confident - or desperate - to have a new tentpole franchise in their hands. That confidence paid off as the film has grossed $52.7m in three days, beating modest expectations. That puts it on the higher end of animation openings this year, second only to Sir Thymes Time 2 ($71.02m).

Cookie Pictures has no reason to fear lackluster holds in the coming weeks either, as the film is reportedly receiving strong remarks from both critics and moviegoers. For example, Rukaio's Reviews called the film "an excellent animated adventure" while Crunching The Numbers described it as "a rollicking ride". The audience skewed surprisingly old for a family adventure which some chalk up to nostalgia for the source material (although the DuckTales connection was cut during production and focus was shifted to the comics which are relatively obscure in the States), but Cookie Pictures believes it's due to an excellent marketing effort targeting both young and old with the promise of action and adventure while keeping true to to its comic origin. "Films like this don't come around very often" Cookie Pictures CEO Sebastian Peters says. "A film that successfully manages to excite both young and old tends to leave a lasting impression, and I think despite all the troubles we had during production we've managed to pull it off".

The studio has struggled with getting its projects off the ground, and Scrooge McDuck was no exception. Budgeted at $125m, the film went through several story revisions and script changes eventually resulting in the film cutting its ties to the 1980's TV show DuckTales. Some elements from the show remain in the film, but the title plus several characters were dropped. Peters believes that the successful outcome of Scrooge McDuck will inspire confidence in the studio and lead to less production and financing delays. The studio has another animated feature planned before the end of the year, which we will also discuss during this weekend-long coverage.

Preparations are already being made for the sequel titled The Black Knight, which will be released on Memorial Day weekend Year 12. We will cover that and the so-called "Duckverse" - a cinematic universe based on the residents of Duckburg - in tomorrow's article. Stay tuned!

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 2

I'm aware how hypocritical this may sound seeing as I have two Cinematic Universes in the making, but a 'Duckverse' really sounds like a stretch.

• Like 1

I'm aware how hypocritical this may sound seeing as I have two Cinematic Universes in the making, but a 'Duckverse' really sounds like a stretch.

Cinematic Universes are always pretty cool.

Hopefully one day I'll get my Nintendo CM off the ground. :P

Edited by Alpha

Cinematic Universes are always pretty cool.

Hopefully one day I'll get my Nintendo CM off the ground. :P

I hope you do. Then I can write my Fire Emblem films and mooch off its popularity.

• Like 1

Due to the box office success of OMG Sharkz!, Alpha Pictures will release 2 Sharkz on June 26th, Y10. Like the first, it'll be a straight up horror comedy.

Alexandre Aja will direct again, and Ashley Simpson, Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan will return, along with new stars Ansel Elgort, Josh Hutcherson and David Henrie. Rumors are that Iggy Azalea may have a supporting role.

Due to the box office success of OMG Sharkz!, Alpha Pictures will release 2 Sharkz on June 26th, Y10. Like the first, it'll be a straight up horror comedy.

Alexandre Aja will direct again, and Ashley Simpson, Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan will return, along with new stars Ansel Elgort, Josh Hutcherson and David Henrie. Rumors are that Iggy Azalea may have a supporting role.

:rolleyes:

Then you don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Cookie Pictures - The Rising Tide

Part 2 - Goin' Quackers

In yesterday's article we discussed the recent financial success of The Adventures of Scrooge McDuck and briefly teased the follow-up as well as Cookie Pictures' plans for a cinematic universe based around the residents of Duckburg. Earlier this week the studio staked a release date for the follow-up, currently titled The Black Knight, before the first film had even premiered. This was seen as a bold move by Hollywood analysts since it was an untested property from an unproven studio. Their doubts were quenched after the first film debuted to strong reviews and box office however.

In The Black Knight - adapted from a trilogy by Don Rosa published between 1995 and 2004 - Duckburg inventor Gyro Gearloose develops a "universal solvent", a liquid capable of instantly dissolving any material imaginable (except diamonds as a safeguard). Scrooge intends to use the liquid to mine pure diamonds below the surface, but after a public demonstration goes catastrophically wrong Scrooge locks up the solvent never intending to use it again. This is when a french gentlemen named Arpine Lusene, alias notorious master thief Le Chevalier Noir (voiced by Academy Award-winning actor Jean Dujardin) comes to town. Lusene proceeds to steal the solvent from Scrooge's possession and creates the titular character, a knight coated from top to bottom with the dangerous liquid.

174px-Black_Knight_in_armor.jpg

"The Black Knight is probably the most fearsome foe Scrooge has ever encountered" Cookie Pictures President and CEO Sebastian Peters adds. "Outside the suit he is a sneaking and devious thief who can get in and out practically anywhere without one even noticing, while inside the suit he is an unstoppable force that can walk through concrete walls like it was nothing."

This intimidating villain isn't the only addition to the sequel though, Peters confirmed with us that Scrooge's nephew Donald Duck - the most well-known character in the entire Duck universe - will make his debut appearance here. "One of the key elements in the film will be the relationship between Scrooge and Donald" Peters says. "Donald denounces his uncle as a stingy old curmudgeon that never gives him a pass in life, while Scrooge sees his nephew as a slacker that keeps putting himself in the rot by never learning from his mistakes. A conflict arises between the two when the former makes his return and is to take care of Huey, Dewey and Louie, which have been under the latter's care up until now."

Beyond being a sequel the film also serves as the launch platform for an entire cinematic universe based around Duckburg, dubbed the "Duckverse". With 80+ years worth of material ranging from comics to cartoons Cookie Pictures has a lot to work with, but will it be a sustainable venture? Peters seems to think so. "As long as we keep the quality standard high I think people are going to want to see more of these characters and the world around them. We've secured the rights to pretty much anything related to Donald Duck and we've barely scraped the surface of the possible stories to tell." Peters did not wish to tell us what other stories and characters will be brought to the big screen, but confirms that we won't have to wait too long to find out.

The Black Knight hits theaters May 27th Year 12. But what else does Cookie Pictures have in store besides more Scrooge McDuck? Find out in the third and final part of our coverage going live soon.

Edited by Sp00ky C00k13
  • Like 1

Darren Aronofsky Regrets Making Kansas, Plans To Wrap Up Three-Picture Deal With Alpha Pictures Next Year

In June of Year 9, Darren Aronofsky's religion-critque drama Kansas was released, but the reception was toxic. Not only was it slammed by many critics, but it also bombed at the box office. And, a few months later, Aronofsky has decided to stay silent on the film, until now.

"Looking back on all of the films I've made in my CAYOM career, Kansas was my least favorite of them all. I had an idea, but it ended up sending the wrong message. At this point in time, I do not want to associate myself with that film." Having signed a three-picture deal with Alpha Pictures in Year 8, he also directed Resonance, the Oscar-nominated psychological thriller about a sound designer's descent into madness. With 2 films already released, Aronofsky also revealed details for his next film, Columbine, the story of the infamous school shooting that sparked a national debate on gun violence and, on a smaller scale, high school cliques and video game violence.

"With Kansas, I tried, but failed to send a sociopolitical message. My next film [Columbine] will try and tackle an issue that's more dangerous than anything else; violence, and death." It's worth noting there was a film also about the Columbine shooting, released in Year 4, but it received mixed reviews, mainly due to it's found footage angle. It's already begun filming throughout the summer, which features stars such as Miles Teller and Freddie Highmore in the roles of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, along with a wide range of ensemble actors. With a budget of $50 million, Columbine will be released nationwide July 24th, Year 10.

• Like 2

A Columbine movie was released in Y4

It was a paragraph-long filler by Hiccup.

and even then, I'm not sure if Aronifsky's the right person to direct it.

If Aronofsky made films like Noah and The Fountain IN REAL LIFE, I think the intensity and psychological aspects of a Columbine thriller isn't out of his reach.

I think Alpha's just making it to cockblock my long-in-development school shooting drama  :ph34r:

:P

It's the Armageddon/Deep Impact and the Olympus Has Fallen/White House Down situation all over again. :lol:

Edited by Alpha

Rumors from Blankments Productions

Apparently Edward Nadny has been in intense meetings with all three major children's programming networks: Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network. It sounds like some major announcements might be on the way. However, rumors have it that with Cartoon Network, talks have been iffy. It seems like Nadny wants a certain show, but CN will only give it to him if he takes another show; something he'd be willing to do, but the second show he wants is not one CN wants to give him. Rather, CN is trying to sell two other franchises so that way Blankments Productions can do a CN Cinematic Universe, something Nadny is definitely not interested in. News should come out by the weekend anyway.

*Blankments Productions already holds the rights to Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender, Nickelodeon programs, and Gravity Falls, a Disney Channel program.

• Like 4

Rumors from Blankments Productions

Apparently Edward Nadny has been in intense meetings with all three major children's programming networks: Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network. It sounds like some major announcements might be on the way. However, rumors have it that with Cartoon Network, talks have been iffy. It seems like Nadny wants a certain show, but CN will only give it to him if he takes another show; something he'd be willing to do, but the second show he wants is not one CN wants to give him. Rather, CN is trying to sell two other franchises so that way Blankments Productions can do a CN Cinematic Universe, something Nadny is definitely not interested in. News should come out by the weekend anyway.

*Blankments Productions already holds the rights to Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender, Nickelodeon programs, and Gravity Falls, a Disney Channel program.

Well that sounds pretty cool. CN is my favorite, Disney is iffy, and current-day Nickelodeon can screw itself.
  • Like 1