Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Studio Gossip

Word has it that after mixed test screenings, Edward Nadny himself has taken it upon himself to edit down Quentin Tarantino's film, The Hateful Eight Redux. He has also mandated a reshoot directed by himself for one pivotal scene of the film. Rumor has it that, in order to maintain good relations with Tarantino, who produces the Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson series, they will release a directors cut of the originally 166-minute film next summer.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

Lager Studios has revealed that they are collaborating with acclaimed director Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) to bring Homer's epic poem "The Odyssey" to the big screen (and yes, parts of the films WILL be shot in New Zealand. Don't get your jimmies rustled up Kiwis) in three parts released in LOTR style and will be shot in 3D and HFR (-_-) .

The names of the three parts are as follows, along with their release dates...

The Odyssey: The Song of Ilium (December 18,Y10)

The Odyssey: The Requiem of Nekuia (December 17,Y11) (may change until release but this is a decent title, for now)

The Odyssey: The Battle of the Sovereign Masses (December 21,Y12) (may also change as I'm not entirely fond of it but those who have read up on The Odyssey may know what I'm referring to)

• Like 2

Awards Watch

Chris Pratt on being campaigned by Blankments Productions for Best Supporting Actor in two separate Disney adaptations:

"I think it's really cool, but kinda weird. I've gotten a lot of free stuff though, so it's been fun. just hope I don't become the next David Henrie!"

• Like 2

Awards Watch

Chris Pratt on being campaigned by Blankments Productions for Best Supporting Actor in two separate Disney adaptations:

"I think it's really cool, but kinda weird. I've gotten a lot of free stuff though, so it's been fun. just hope I don't become the next David Henrie!"

Yet another cast member in The Odyssey. Won't reveal who though :ph34r:.
  • Like 1

Star Platinum Studios have announced that they are planning to release a full copy of the Cybernetic 7 soundtrack in the next week or so, in the hope of bolstering the soundtrack's Oscar chances. Hiroyuk Sawano had hoped to release it before Oscar picks started, but technical problems have made that difficult. The Soundtrack shall include a full description of each track as well as possibly the lyrics to the potential Best Original Song nominee, 'When the Stars Fall'.

However, in the meantime, another Best Song nominee has been released. Star Platinum Studios have released a full copy of one of their Best Original Song entrants, 'The Heroic Legend of Black Jack the Brave' (from Dauntless).

The Heroic Legend of Black Jack the Brave- composed by Alan Silvestri 

(Note: The song is in the style of a typical drinking-song-esque, Irish jig)

Come lend me your ears Sailor boy, Sailor girl,

And I’ll tell you a tale that will make your hair curl.

Of a mythical Captain both handsome and brave,

Who will send all those Syndic fools straight to their grave

Black Jack, Black Jack,

That magnificent man who will not be outdone.

Black Jack, Black Jack,

His soul burns much hotter than even a sun

Black Jack, Black Jack

With impeccable honor and limitless strength

Black Jack, Black Jack,

The Syndics best wish that they stay at great leeength....

(Geary: “Well, that was mortifying.”

Rione: “Oh this is just the first verse. There are at least two more. And that’s assuming we’re singing the shortest version.”

*pause*

Geary: “If you could shoot me now, I’d appreciate it.”)

He started his tale as an ensign like us,

But his flawless results we quite often discuss.

You could tell right away that he was no mere lamb

For he got a black mark in near every exam.

Black Jack, Black Jack,

A model for ev-er-y man, girl and child,

Black Jack, Black Jack,

Not once was he caught, beaten, lost or beguiled  

Black Jack, Black Jack,

Perfect in each, ev-er-y way you could think,

Black Jack, Black Jack

The Syndics soon found themselves deep in the driiink.....

(Rione: “Is that true? You’re called Black Jack because you got a top black mark in every test?”

Geary: “Not even close.”

Rione: “So why are you called Black Jack?”

Geary: “It’s a long and embarrassing story. Honestly, I’ve always hated that nickname. And this isn't exactly helping.”)

The Hist’ry books tell his triumphant last stand,

He fought Syndics off in a way thought most grand,

Now he lies out this world in a peaceful deep sleep

And the day he returns we shall see Syndics weep

Black Jack, Black Jack,

He charged headfirst in to defeat Syndic scum,

Black Jack, Black Jack,

But his death should really ne’er make you feel glum,

Black Jack, Black Jack,

For the legends fortell his eventual return,

Black Jack, Black Jaaaaaaaaaaaack,

And the day that he does we’ll see all Syndics burn.

(Geary: “Is it over?”

Rione: "It’s over, Captain."

Geary: "Good. Because I need a strong drink."

Rione: "You mean this song wasn’t to your taste? I thought it was wonderfully catchy."

Geary: "I’m sure I’ll be hearing it in my nightmares for years to come. Anyway, you coming?"

Rione: "I’ll be right behind you…. Black Jaaaaaaaaack."

Geary: *shudders and exits*

Rione: *Follows him, cheerfully whistling the Black Jack tune*)

Addams Family Returning To Theaters Y10!

They're creepy, kooky, mysterious, and spooky, but you can't help but love them. The Addams family is coming back to the big screen in Y10. Ruben Fleischer is slated to direct the update to the film, showing the family you know and love in a whole new way. Fleischer said that the film won't try too hard to play up the modernized factor for the film, instead focusing on creating a new, timeless, and joyously macabre tale to introduce the family to a whole new generation. Plot details have yet to be announced, but a full cast has been shown.

SHARLTO COPLEY as Gomez

LENA HEADEY as Morticia

HELEN MIRREN as Grandmama

PETER STORMARE as Uncle Fester

McKENZIE FOY as Wednesday

MAX CHARLES as Pugsley

Amy Poehler, Jon Hamm,  Dave Franco, and Catherine Keener have also been announced to have roles in the film as other people who get caught up in the lives of these families, but their roles are not fully announced yet.

• Like 1

Mark Dindal Signs Contract With Cookie Pictures

With the announcement of a new currently-untitled Duckverse project heading to theaters on December 11 Year 10, Cookie Pictures confirmed with Cayom Magazine that former Disney animator and director Mark Dindal has signed a contract with the studio that lends him the position of Chief Creative Officer for the entire Duckverse going forward. Dindal will now be directly involved with the development of further Duckverse films and will be given producer credit on each project. In addition to this, Dindal has signed on to direct the Scrooge McDuck sequel, titled The Black Knight, which will be released on May 27 Year 12.

The contract will be put into effect immediately allowing Dindal to serve as producer on the upcoming Duckverse project, directed by Don Hall.

Edited by Chr1stm4s C00k13
  • Like 1

So I finished this just in time and I also added a brief descriptive note for the scores of Dauntless and Battle for Brazil in the FYC thread.

Cybernetic 7: Official Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Hiroyuki Sawano

Here's a sample of Sawano's work just to get you in the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnaC0RgEPCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycF7G_Y7KXU

Also, note the score in this is fully orchestral.

1. The Time of Vastaan- The piece starts of silent, with nothing but cicadas to be heard. Then, suddenly, a crash of cymbals is heard. The piece immediately turns into a faster paced tense action music as Yohei and Mara race through the city. We also hear the Mordred’s theme, a deep threatening piece with a bit of dark choral lyrics thrown in.
  2. Our Last Hope- This piece, which starts playing when Mara and her father say their goodbyes, starts off quiet and gentle, with a touch of melancholy. We also hear Mara’s theme for the first time, an emotional flute piece. However, as the spaceship prepares to launch, the music builds more and more, with added gusto, reaching its peak as the ship is launched. The piece then dies down a bit and as the opening title comes up, we hear the film’s main theme for the first time.
  3. Farewell to an Old Friend/This Backwater Dump- The first piece, taking place during Heihachi’s funeral, is a quiet subdued piece, as you’d expect from a funeral scene. The low sounds almost sound like peaceful Buddhist chanting. It swells a bit when the coffin is launched into the atmosphere and we hear a taster of the Aesir theme, a grand orchestral piece which sounds slightly like an ancient war hymn. The piece switches to a much more bustling and chaotic one as we switch to the more urban streets of the satellite. There is a touch of dinginess to it, however. When Mara arrives and is exploring, the piece changes pitch and tone slightly and sounds much more strange and unknown despite in effect being the same piece.
  4. The Man with the Dark Eyes- This theme starts when Mara first runs into Ash. It’s a slow, smooth Blues-esque piece with a touch of melancholy to it. We also get some of Ash’s Theme, a dark, harsh tune. However, when Mara is chased through the satellite, the piece switches to something much more like the chase in Time of Vastaan.  
  5. In my Day- Plays during the fight between Kambei and the thugs. It’s a much more action orientated, fast paced version of the Aesir theme. It calms down to something more soothing after the fight is over and Kambei is looking after Mara.
  6. Assembling the 7/Nothing Left- The first piece is an energetic, lighthearted ‘Oompah’ sort of piece, complimenting some a lot of the comedic moments in the scenes. The letimotifs for Flynn, Diana and Bern are introduced. The second piece, played as they’re flying over the devastated city is slow and solemn, designed to compliment the emotions of the characters as they see this horrific sight.
  7. A Cheerful Celebration- Played when they arrive at the settlement and the inhabitants throw a party for them. A chirpy party piece, but there’s an echo to it making it subtly feel slightly hollow and more like it’s something being played in universe rather than an actual reader of the mood. It quiets even further into the background (and sounds like it’s in the distance) when Mara and Ash are talking away from the party to a piece more quiet and subtle.
  8. Launching/Into Battle- The Grand Main Theme of the Movie arrives. This piece, as the pilots start up their mechs for the first time, is towering , majestic and really pumps you up for the action that is to come. And the second piece, playing as the action is happening, is no let down either. It mixes the awe at seeing these huge machines duking it out with the danger involved in such a fight. However, aside from a few select moments when Mara is in danger, it’s mostly upbeat.
  9. Avalon- Plays at the unveiling and naming of Mara’s new Mech. It’s quite a heartwarming piece with Mara’s Theme featuring heavily.  
  10. Ambush at the Canyon/Mordred vs Fenrir- A much darker and intense battle theme as the C7 are ambushed by the Vastaan. You get the impression that this is much more of a fight for survival. We also get heavy strokes of the Mordred’s theme as it shows up and nearly takes out the Artemis. However, the piece gets more intense and animalistic as Ash’s Fenrir fights it and we begin to get the impression that Ash isn’t fully in control of himself.
  11. Aftermath- Plays after Shiyo’s death. There are four stages to it. The first is melancholy. Very melancholy. A sadder, more solemn variant of the Aesir theme plays here and there. In the second stage, the music turns softer and more bittersweet when Kambei reminisces of his past. The third stage something a bit more jolly and celebratory when Bern & Co go to hand out food. The final stage is much more sinister and tense as Manzo’s deception is revealed.
  12. Rain of Sorrows- Plays when Mara and the Mordred fight. An epic but heavily emotional piece. Epic/Melancholy variants of Mara’s theme and the Mordred’s theme play throughout, clashing, until they shift in tone slightly and you realize they don’t quite as different as you might think. The music stops as the Mordred pilot’s identity is revealed.  
  13. Kosaten/When the Stars Fall- Plays during Ash’s flashback at the Battle of Kosaten and the only original song in the film. It’s a much more peaceful piece than you’d expect from such a violent and horrific battle, a deliberate contrast. This piece was the main inspiration.
  14. Hope Returns- Plays when Mara confronts the riot mob. A more uplifting, positive and confident version of Mara’s theme. You get the impression that the piece has been developing throughout the movie to reach this. A second part to the piece plays when Mara and Shill talk. It starts off highlighting the two’s awkwardness but as they start to bond, it becomes more peaceful and heartwarming.
  15. The Last Night- Plays on the last night (duh) before the final battle. It’s a quiet but apprehensive piece. When Bern and Rose are talking, it becomes more a fairy-tale-esque music box piece.
  16. A Shooting Star- Plays when Bern attempts to catch the comet. The main Grand Theme of the film returns, but at much faster pace with elements of Bern’s leitmotif and elements of The Last Night worked in. When Bern catches the comet and begins to push it back, the music swells and swells in intensity as Bern gives his all to stop the comet. It ends on a lightly peaceful note as Bern’s Mech peacefully disintegrates away into the atmosphere.
  17. Two Lovers Fall- Plays during Flynn and Diana’s big moment in the final battle. Less of a booming epic, like A Shooting Star, and more of a sweeping emotional piece with a heavy string section.
  18. In the Belly of Tartarus- Tense and chaotic combat music.
  19. To the End- Plays during Ash and Kambei’s climactic duel. Everything comes together. The Main Theme. The Theme of Aesir. Ash’s Theme. Each piece has been upped in scale and majesty and swept in together in the most epic and climactic piece of the movie. The way the two pieces play together truly makes it seem like a great clash of two personalities.
  20. A Girl from Karfur- The final suite of the movie at the very end. It’s positive and peaceful but has many touches of melancholy and bittersweetness where appropriate. Most of all, it creates a sense of ‘life goes on’. The final scene, where Ash and Mara reunite, the music calls back to Our Last Hope where Mara and Yohei are saying goodbye. It finishes by playing a peaceful version of the main theme as the camera moves up to the starry sky.
Edited by Rukaio Alter

FULL CAST OF 'OF MYSTERIES AND MALADIES'

MICHAEL FASSBENDER as Jacob McKinzey

• A tenacious detective working on a mysterious new case.

TILDA SWINTON as Maureen Fontaine

• The greatest actress on Broadway, with some dark secrets in tow.

EMILY BLUNT as Molly McKinzey

• Jacob's wife, loving yet somewhat skeptical.

GARY OLDMAN as Peter Bellami

• The articulate police chief of New York City in the 1950s

EDWARD NORTON as Ryan Leppman

• Jacob's good friend and friendly rival detective

BILL MURRAY as Franklin Delford

• A former WWII general engaged to Maureen

LUPITA NYONG'O as Jasmine Obena

• An alluring traveler who may understand recent events

NICOLAS CAGE as The Director

• A detail oriented director frustrated with Maureen's progress

MERYL STREEP as Jessica Potille

• A legendary screenwriter at odds with The Director

BILL NIGHY as Mr. Fezetti

• An alleged child eater and cult leader

KARA HAYWARD as Mary Bellami

• Peter's daughter who individually tries to investigate

JASON SCHWARTZMAN as Nicolas Prince

• A Beat-generation style poet, addicted to cigarettes

BRAD PITT as General Makowski

• A general from the national army.

HIROYUKI SANADA as Satoshi

• A Japanese film director searching for inspiration

JESSICA LANGE as Eleanor McKinzey

• Jacob's mother

KAREN GILLAN as Madam Serpent

• A femme fatale/herpetologist
  • Like 2

'The Interview 2' To Be Released in March of Y11

Written and directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen, Alpha Pictures will release action-comedy The Interview 2 on March 5, Year 11. Based on the events leading up to the not-release of the James Franco-Seth Rogen action-comedy The Interview, James Franco and Seth Rogen star as themselves, promoting The Interview, the movie about a celebrity journalist and his producer who are instructed by the CIA to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong Un when they land an interview with him. However, when terrorists hack into Sony Pictures Entertainment and threaten to bomb every theater that shows the movie, James Franco and Seth Rogen must find the hackers responsible and save the world.

Alpha Pictures' submissions to the 3rd Annual CAYOM Film Festival:

IN COMPETITION:

Comedian (dir. Sofia Coppola): Sofia Coppola's newest comedy-drama surrounds a world-famous actor and stand-up comedian (Sam Rockwell) that, despite having money and fame, is bored of making comedy movies, and wants to take his acting career seriously by writing his own screenplay. Suddenly, an idea for a Forrest Gump-style epic romantic drama comes across. To help find more ideas, and get away from the scavenging media, he takes his family and a friend (David Ayoade) out of LA and into the American countryside. However, what he'll really find will change his perspective on life.

El Jugador A La Pelota (dir. Héctor Valdez): 20% of professional baseball players in the Major and Minor Leagues combined are from the Dominican Republic. Each year, 100,000 young baseball players train for July 2nd, so they can be signed for thousands of dollars and be able to support their families. El Jugador A La Pelota (Spanish for ballplayer) is the narrative feature chronicling the journey of Miguel Ángel Sanó (Anthony Duluc), a 16 year-old Dominican ballplayer, who is considered one of the biggest prospects in baseball. (NOTE: The movie is predominantly in Spanish, however there is English dialogue as well).

OUT OF COMPETITION:

:( (dir. Darren Aronofsky): :( is Darren Aronofsky's (Extrasensory, Resonance) take on cyber terrorism, and centers around three college students as they dive into the world of hacking. Soon enough, their activities begin to threaten the election of a Republican leader.

Amulet II: The Last Council (dir. Bryan Singer): The sequel to Year 7's hit animated film (and winner of Best Animated Feature), Amulet II continues with Emily (Joey King) and Navin's (Preston Bailey) adventures in Alledia. Now, along with their crew of resistance fighters and new companions, they charter an airship and set off in search of the lost city of Cielis, said to be hidden in the clouds.

Wow, nobody's posted in this thread for nearly two years. And yes, I'm back to writing, I've become interested in the game once again. I'm less focused on continuing franchises like Amulet and more focused on going ahead with some riskier stuff/possible OCs.

------------------------------------

Alpha Pictures has unveiled its upcoming motion picture line-up. Although release dates are unclear, they'll most likely be released by the end of Year 10 ahead of Oscar season.

Pyramids (dir. Hiro Murai) - Based on the 2012 song of the same name by Frank Ocean, Pyramids is an epic rock opera spanning millenia about the life of Cleopatra (Tessa Thompson), the last ruler of Egypt. Split into two parts, Pyramids begins with Cleopatra's reign around 30 B.C., her romance with Roman general Marc Antony (Justin Timberlake), and her fall from power. It ends with Cleopatra's rebirth in the modern world as a prostitute in Las Vegas, struggling to reclaim her dignity where she has fallen from being a queen in her homeland to her now-degrading role in the Western world, used and abused by the men who once would've died to protect her honor.

The Cathode Ray (dir. Tim Burton) - A live-action/2D animated satirical dark comedy about escapism, Jake Evans (Charlie Day) is a struggling animator living in the early 1990s during the height of the Saturday-morning cartoon era, who discovers a transdimensional portal at the animation studio where he works that leads to an animated world quite similar to his creations. Although he refrains from keeping it a secret among his co-workers, his insecurities about his artistry along with his frequent visits to escape the doldrums of his cynical reality lead to more chaos.

Margin of Error (dir. David Fincher) - A political thriller, Margin of Error is about Senator Mark Burns (Ben Affleck)'s election to the highest political office in America. However, when damning evidence shows the possibility of a rigged election unbeknown to Mark, the film explores both the intensity and drama behind his campaign and the fallout of a major scandal that leads to an investigation during the first few months of his presidency.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 0:11 PM, Alpha said:

Margin of Error (dir. David Fincher) - A political thriller, Margin of Error is about Senator Mark Burns (Ben Affleck)'s election to the highest political office in America. However, when damning evidence shows the possibility of a rigged election unbeknown to Mark, the film explores both the intensity and drama behind his campaign and the fallout of a major scandal that leads to an investigation during the first few months of his presidency.

HOURGLASS PICTURES SUES ALPHA PRODUCTIONS FOR PLAGIARISM OF FILM IDEA.

Go ahead and write it if you want.

:P Probably won't really have time to do much.

41 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

HOURGLASS PICTURES SUES ALPHA PRODUCTIONS FOR PLAGIARISM OF FILM IDEA.

Hide contents

Go ahead and write it if you want.

:P Probably won't really have time to do much.

LOL, between this and the Blankments franchise rights scandal back in Year 8, I'm surprised the CEO of Alpha Pictures hasn't landed in jail yet. Maybe I should start some kind of studio narrative :lol:

(But seriously, pure coincidence. I've been wanting to write something politics with this election coming up and the drama surrounding the Democratic primaries inspired me to write about that idea.)

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

(But seriously, pure coincidence. I've been wanting to write something politics with this election coming up and the drama surrounding the Democratic primaries inspired me to write about that idea.)

Okay, I'll have to call you there...pretty much the same plotline, same actor, SAME TITLE, as my studio plan post. It's gone, admittedly, so I can't prove it, but I do remember it somewhat well. I've got my eye on you. :qotd:

Just now, Spaghetti said:

Okay, I'll have to call you there...pretty much the same plotline, same actor, SAME TITLE, as my studio plan post. It's gone, admittedly, so I can't prove it, but I do remember it somewhat well. I've got my eye on you. :qotd:

I can change the main actor and title if it helps keep the films separated. Even if it's purely coincidence, I don't wanna cause any issues.

Stuff's like this happened before in CAYOM, actually. Me and Cook were originally gonna have our own Deep Web movies come out this year literally a trimester, I was actually writing up my original idea when Cook announced his in the Magazine thread. 

On November 23, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Spaghetti said:

Also Spaghetti, an acclaimed Simon Bolivar film came out In Year 3 and it snagged a Best Director nomination for Fernando Meirelles.

Well, never mind. I've still got an OC in Margin of Error and a potential hit in Spark II.

Yeah, Spaghetti, I just put "Margin of Error" in the search and I found that in 2012 you mentioned in the Studio Plans thread you had plans to write a film called "Margin of Error".

So I'll definitely change the film up a lot now. That's just ridiculously similar, and it just doesn't feel right if you mightve had the idea first.

Edited by Alpha