75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

This doesn't need to be at 15 mill come Thurs to have a shot at 100 mill 2nd weekend. It will prob drop 15% today to about 14.5 and thurs will prob be at 13 on Thurs. That still puts in line for 100.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Why did the Tuesday thread merge with Monday thread?

All weekday numbers will be discussed in one thread going forward (same with weekend numbers). Helps keep things a lot more organized.

I think today's number is much more important. If it drops 15% I will start believing the 100M second weekend talk. If it drops more, like 25%, then 600M is unlikely.

I honestly thought it would drop more - around 15% like Potter, but I'm guessing this being early May made the difference...

Absolutely it did. Summer weekdays are always stronger, and Potter dropped only 49.5% from Sunday-Monday. It HAD to drop substantially more on Tuesday.

On the other hand, Tuesdays this year have been exceptionally strong. Obviously a blockbuster film is not going to see the usual increase on its first Tuesday, but the expected drop should have been much lower than usual.

Absolutely it did. Summer weekdays are always stronger, and Potter dropped only 49.5% from Sunday-Monday. It HAD to drop substantially more on Tuesday.

On the other hand, Tuesdays this year have been exceptionally strong. Obviously a blockbuster film is not going to see the usual increase on its first Tuesday, but the expected drop should have been much lower than usual.

Didn't you have this dropping at 12% for Tuesday?

All weekday numbers will be discussed in one thread going forward (same with weekend numbers). Helps keep things a lot more organized.

I have to disagree. It's less threads but the thread itself becomes unwieldy, especially for big movies or holidays when weekdays behave similar to weekends. Threads get pushed down rather quickly anyway, so i don't think the first page would be cluttered with weekday threads. Edited by Elessar
  • Like 5

Didn't you have this dropping at 12% for Tuesday?

My projection system had it dropping 12.4% down to $16,550,776, yes. As I've said earlier though, its accuracy increases with more data.