75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I'm not sure why we're keeping everything in one thread?It's not like we've got an easy way to find pages either. You have to keep pressing back to get to a middle page.

You can click on where it says "Page x of y" in between back button and a page button, and you can jump to whatever page.
  • Like 1

My projection system had it dropping 12.4% down to $16,550,776, yes. As I've said earlier though, its accuracy increases with more data.

what do you project for today?

Also, as Elessar brought up, this isn't the dead month of September or anything, it's summer dailies.But then, if weekend gets merged into Friday...I don't know why we're trying to keep everything together. There has to be a better way.

You can click on where it says "Page x of y" in between back button and a page button, and you can jump to whatever page.

lol I never knew that was a hyperlink. Still, dislike this new policy.We can't have Tuesday thread but the front page is cluttered with Avengers, Dark Knight Rises and Hunger Games threads...
  • Like 2

what do you project for today?

With a 17.5M Tuesday, I've got a 20.7% drop down to 13.9M on Wednesday, and then a 2.8% drop to 13.5M on Thursday.Before that 17.5M number, I had it at a 22.6% drop down to 12.8M on Wednesday, and a 3.9% drop down to 12.3M on Thursday. The more data I have, the greater the predicative value becomes. Once the actual comes in, I'll give an exact Wednesday projection.

• Founder / Operator

Yeah what the hell? If they want one thread they should announce it before hand.

It was announced last weekend. ;)

I have to disagree. It's less threads but the thread itself becomes unwieldy, especially for big movies or holidays when weekdays behave similar to weekends. Threads get pushed down rather quickly anyway, so i don't think the first page would be cluttered with weekday threads.

Its not about first page clutter so much as it is about administrative and organizational benefits. Using separate threads every day has resulted in the vast majority of these threads never being archived.

I'm not sure why we're keeping everything in one thread?It's not like we've got an easy way to find pages either. You have to keep pressing back to get to a middle page.

You'll notice that the first post of the thread links directly to the first post for Tuesday's number. ;)

Not to mention that there's no link to where the first daily starts, and even then, how would you even get to the page without a direct link?

See above. ;)

I'm not sure why we're keeping everything in one thread?

It's not like we've got an easy way to find pages either. You have to keep pressing back to get to a middle page.

Indeed!

Is there a technical way to go to a particular page?

Example: if i leave on page 10 and, hours later, i come back and see "page 27", i can only start my search with the very first or the very last pages of the thread.

Don't know if i'm clear enough... :unsure:

• Founder / Operator

Also, as Elessar brought up, this isn't the dead month of September or anything, it's summer dailies.But then, if weekend gets merged into Friday...I don't know why we're trying to keep everything together. There has to be a better way.

lol I never knew that was a hyperlink. Still, dislike this new policy.We can't have Tuesday thread but the front page is cluttered with Avengers, Dark Knight Rises and Hunger Games threads...

If you feel strongly about it, I recommend discussing it in the Help Desk forum and not here where I and the staff are very, very unlikely to track these kinds of comments.But also, I'm open to other ideas. No one has presented one though. This is just a test run for now. I don't expect everyone to welcome change with open arms off the bat, so if anyone has other suggestions, we're all ears. :)

It was announced last weekend. ;)Its not about first page clutter so much as it is about administrative and organizational benefits. Using separate threads every day has resulted in the vast majority of these threads never being archived.You'll notice that the first post of the thread links directly to the first post for Tuesday's number. ;)See above. ;)

Dratz! I thought it was just for weekends. So you guys will have to keep these threads from going off topic or else they will be a mess.

Indeed!Is there a technical way to go to a particular page?Example: if i leave on page 10 and, hours later, i come back and see "page 27", i can only start my search with the very first or the very last pages of the thread.Don't know if i'm clear enough... :unsure:

• Founder / Operator

Dratz! I thought it was just for weekends.So you guys will have to keep these threads from going off topic or else they will be a mess.

Going off topic is a problem whether the threads are merged or not, unfortunately.

All weekday numbers will be discussed in one thread going forward (same with weekend numbers). Helps keep things a lot more organized.

I am not so sure its a smart idea especially with TA since its daily threads will be gigantic.

With $17.5m:5-day est tickets1. TDK: 28,739,5292. RTS: 26,958,3003. RTF: 26,351,4194. DMC: 25,878,9005. MTA: 25,623,0626. SM3: 24,733,0237. SM2: 24,543,0008. SM1: 23,380,5009. TMR: 23,116,30010. DH2: 22,144,635

Edited by cory

• Founder / Operator

I am not so sure its a smart idea especially with TA since its daily threads will be gigantic.

But how is the size a problem? The Avengers main topic itself is like 700 pages... :P

Like I said, this is just a test run. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, please share them in the Help Desk forum. There are going to be kinks to work out and we always welcome input and new ideas. We just need something a bit more organized than creating 30 new threads every month that end up dying off and not getting archived. That ends up translating to over 360 threads per year that end up as junk in our database.

Edited by ShawnMR

With $17.5m:

5-day est tickets

1. TDK: 28,739,529

2. RTS: 26,958,300

3. RTF: 26,351,419

4. DMC: 25,878,900

5. MTA: 25,623,062

6. SM3: 24,733,023

7. SM2: 24,543,000

8. SM1: 23,380,500

9. TMR: 23,116,300