75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Talk about 600m, even talk about Titanic. But Avatar will be a very tall order. TA would need a 3.66 multiplier. Spider-Man's amazing performance was a 3.52. Even if you throw the SM1/MIB2 Double Feature on top of Spidey's total the multiplier is only 3.57.In fact, no Friday opening comic book superhero film with over a 50m OW has had a higher multiplier than Spidey, not even going back to the first movie to crack 50m OW in 1995.

• Like 1

Avatar's re-release only made $10M. There's no reason to think an Avengers re-release would make much more. Everybody who wanted to see it will have seen it.

Hahaha, as I said, I'm completely clueless. :P

Talk about 600m, even talk about Titanic. But Avatar will be a very tall order. TA would need a 3.66 multiplier. Spider-Man's amazing performance was a 3.52. Even if you throw the SM1/MIB2 Double Feature on top of Spidey's total the multiplier is only 3.57.In fact, no Friday opening comic book superhero film with over a 50m OW has had a higher multiplier than Spidey, not even going back to the first movie to crack 50m OW in 1995.

Yeah, I think I could see The Avengers reaching monstrous $2B, but it's a long hard road until surpassing Avatar. Oh well, we can dream, can't we?

The fact we're even talking Avatar shows how crazy this really is.

Exactly. I didn't expect any other film to come within $150m of Avatar until Avatar 2 - even if that can bring back all of the audiences.

Today's drop is going to more interesting than I thought. Looking at other films' numbers, Tuesday was a pretty busy day for films, even by the standards we've had the past year.

What are you thinking for today?

Oh!!Wasn't Avatar supposed to be a " loooooog way off "?A non-directed-by-Cameron movie as 1st Domestic?Wasn't this the statu quo...on the last century?lol

If Avengers doesn't beat Avatar, Avatar's reign will last for the foreseeable future. I don't see Avatar 2/3 beating Avatar right now because the novelty of the Avatar world, 3D technology, etc isn't there for the sequels. Avengers 2/3 will lack the hype and buildup that we saw in IM, Hulk, IM2, Thor, and CA2. Sure they may do the same with IM3, Thor2, and CA2 but it will be more familiar. I hope I'm wrong. I love seeing records go down but I see Avatar's record holding through this decade if Avengers can't do it.

This is very exciting. I'm not sure what I like best. A movie with nice legs or top heavy ones.

That can go for women as well as movies :P
  • Like 2