75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Why do people think this has a shot at staying flat today? I'm thinking it will be more around a 5% drop...

I think it's gonna slide today. Some think it has a shot because the drop was kind of steep. And most movies increase on Thursday. Doesn't really matter anyway.

Why do people think this has a shot at staying flat today? I'm thinking it will be more around a 5% drop...

More hope than belief, IMO. I'm thinking 5-8%.EDIT: I swear I didn't copy baumer. :lol:

It could have still done well in X-Mas...

I don't really agree with that since Caspian itself is a very summer-esque movie. It actually made perfect sense why they released it in summer, cause it doesn't have a Holiday feel to it at all, unlike the first. What I think may have worked the best is if they had just skipped Caspian and gone straight to Treader and released that during Xmas. That movie has much more in common stylistically and story wise with Wardrobe so it could have appealed more to the same audience. Part of the reason Caspian suffered so bad I think is because it was an entirely different kind of movie than Wardrobe. Edited by MovieMan89

CASPIAN is the weakest of the Narnia stories. They should've known that, not spent a fortune on it, and moved on to the next one.

Actually The Horse and His Boy is even worse. I shudder at the idea of them ever attempting to adapt that one. Oh the mega flop that would be.