75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I'm not sure how it got twisted that way. I may have said that in addition, but the OW less than Sin City was the first reason.

I remember I upped my 300 OW prediction to like 45m at the last second and everybody thought it was too optimistic. 300 really was a great BO performance that rarely gets brought up.

• Founder / Operator

300 really was a great BO performance that rarely gets brought up.

Totally agreed. Thing performed on the level of Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Whoda thunk that in 2005/2006?!

Totally agreed. Thing performed on the level of Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Whoda thunk that in 2005/2006?!

Not to mention that many people thought those types of movies had finally worn out their welcome with Troy underperforming and Kingdom of Heaven just straight up tanking on the domestic front. 300 definitely had an uphill battle but the trailers with the cool music really made it look unique and something worth checking out.

Not to mention that many people thought those types of movies had finally worn out their welcome with Troy underperforming and Kingdom of Heaven just straight up tanking on the domestic front. 300 definitely had an uphill battle but the trailers with the cool music really made it look unique and something worth checking out.

A 3.0 multiplier isn't anything to sneeze at. Iys the 2nd most impressive March boxoffice run IMO.

500M is not an easy benchmark now and won't be for some years to come.The only films with realistic chances are TDKR, TH2 (if TH1 is received very well), TA2 and Avatar 2. And none of them can be called a certainty.