75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Based on what? My projected total is north of 600.

Yeah, I need to come up with a new word here, seeing as I have it rising every day. It's really running expected total based on daily performance change relative to a comparison film (in this case, Thor), but that's a bit wordy. I have it "projected" over 600M as well. Edited by spizzer

Yeah, I need to come up with a new word here, seeing as I have it rising every day. It's really running expected total based on daily performance change relative to a comparison film (in this case, Thor), but that's a bit wordy. I have it "projected" over 600M as well.

I know its hard for all of us since it seems to be defying all logic at this point. But if it makes 100 mill this weekend, it's probably locked to do 600. If it falls to say 125, you can start the Avatar talk.....it's insane.

800 ?superheroes cannot and will not beat pandora or HMS TITANIC okin other news of great importance 4hrs 30mn till i'm sitting in the theatre hopefully right under the projector (best seat in the house) watching AVENGERS :excited: ....fishnets i have to say hiddleston looks way hotter as loki than himself ,the black hair does wonder to his complexion , is he a red head looks like it?

800 ?superheroes cannot and will not beat pandora or HMS TITANIC okin other news of great importance 4hrs 30mn till i'm sitting in the theatre hopefully right under the projector (best seat in the house) watching AVENGERS :excited: ....fishnets i have to say hiddleston looks way hotter as loki than himself ,the black hair does wonder to his complexion , is he a red head looks like it?

aw he was so cute in Cranford and Midnight in Paris.

• Founder / Operator

I think we should also remember that 3D and IMAX are padding these drops to an extent (esp. in comparison to Spider-Man)....But that's minutia at this point. :lol:This is the most impressive box office performance I've seen since Inception and Avatar. For a fanboy-friendly movie like this to hold so well over its first five days is just...unreal.

• Like 2

Pandya ‏ @giteshpandya

#Avengers holding up better than past early May Marvel megahits. MON-TUE drops: Spidey3 22%, Iron2 11%, Avengers 7%.

If I am not mistaken if TA followed IM2 a 111M wknd can happen.

I think we should also remember that 3D and IMAX are padding these drops to an extent (esp. in comparison to Spider-Man)....But that's minutia at this point. :lol:This is the most impressive box office performance I've seen since Inception and Avatar. For a fanboy-friendly movie like this to hold so well over its first five days is just...unreal.

None of us saw that it would break out of its core audience and appeal to people who haven't been on board for the build-up movies. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Looking at it now, the appeal of seeing multiple heroes on the screen together is something that's never really been seen before. That audiences have felt comfortable coming to see it, even without seeing all of the other movies is extraordinary. Unprecedented.

From about a $110.0M 2nd weekend10.6M Monday11.4M Tuesday8.9M Wednesday8.6M Thursday15.5M Friday22.5M Saturday16.5M Sunday55.5M 3rd WeekendCumulative Total at end of 3rd Weekend - $478.2M

From about a $110.0M 2nd weekend10.6M Monday11.4M Tuesday8.9M Wednesday8.6M Thursday15.5M Friday22.5M Saturday16.5M Sunday55.5M 3rd WeekendCumulative Total at end of 3rd Weekend - $478.2M

3.5 multiplier from 55.5M 3rd weekend puts it at 617.0M Total. So I can see where Xia's getting 620M from Edited by spizzer

aw he was so cute in Cranford and Midnight in Paris.

he was in cranford? :blink: but but but.... i watched that miniseries even the 2nd one too, i hate when that happens you think you've just notice an actor in a huge role then you learn you've seen him around for ages pff

3rd weekend drop bigger than 2nd weekend drop? WTF?And any particular reason why you are giving it that awesome 80% Friday jump?

3rd weekend drop bigger than 2nd weekend drop? WTF?And any particular reason why you are giving it that awesome 80% Friday jump?

I'm not really working this through my head right now. It's all calculations done on Excel. Like, I'm literally copying and pasting.Is 80% high or low? Seems fitting to me. Xia has it at 6.3M on that Thursday then jumping 138.1% to the same ~15M. That seems to be a more likely scenario IMO, as I don't think it can drop a mere 19% from Monday-Thursday, as my breakdown indicated. Edited by spizzer

he was in cranford? :blink: but but but.... i watched that miniseries even the 2nd one too, i hate when that happens you think you've just notice an actor in a huge role then you learn you've seen him around for ages pff

He was in the 2nd one. Return to Cranford. He was that rich guys son and his adopted sister was that chick from Downton Abbey.back on topic: Sunday is Mother's Day

don't know if someone answered you, but what i usually do is go to my profile click on posts and i click on my latest post in that thread so i can read what was said after i left

Someone already gave me an aswer but i like you way too! Didn't know it.Thanks!