75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I think that's a reach. The first four titles on the list are arguably the most the popular comic book properties. Perhaps more importantly, they weren't badly mishandled on film like many of the other superheroes mentioned.

Good grief...why are people taking this "rule" so literally? ...and X-Men may have been popular with comic book fans, but the general public had very little knowledge of them. And Iron Man was even more obscure. Hulk was way more popular than either of those.So maybe the rule should read "If you're gonna make a superhero film without "man" or "men" in the main character's name then you'd better make a high quality one."Jeez, lighten up, people, it's just something I think is worth mentioning... :bash:

They get there different ways, but in the end it's the same thing. Bigger weekdays vs. bigger weekends. I think it has a legit shot at it.

207.4m18.9m18m (-5%)14.2m (-21%)13.8m (-3%)33.2m (+143%)48m (+44%)37m (-23%)390.5m 10 DayIs it just me or does that sound way too high? Is 118m 2nd weekend too high for this?

LMAO Avengers being sold out makes the late night talk show circuit. From Conan O'brien's twitter:

Conan O'Brien ‏ @ConanOBrien

I went to see “The Avengers” today and it was sold out. I looked like an idiot dressed like the Hulk during a showing of “Think Like a Man.”

• Like 2

LMAO Avengers being sold out makes the late night talk show circuit. From Conan O'brien's twitter:

I went to see “The Avengers” today and it was sold out. I looked like an idiot dressed like the Hulk during a showing of “Think Like a Man.”

lol :rofl: You gotta love Conan.

That is great.

Good grief...why are people taking this "rule" so literally? ...and X-Men may have been popular with comic book fans, but the general public had very little knowledge of them. And Iron Man was even more obscure. Hulk was way more popular than either of those.So maybe the rule should read "If you're gonna make a superhero film without "man" or "men" in the main character's name then you'd better make a high quality one."Jeez, lighten up, people, it's just something I think is worth mentioning... :bash:

Is it just a fun fact? Because if it's something you're trying to say, well, it doesn't say anything. Superman, Spiderman and Batman all are the most popular superheroes. X-Men came before every other film on that list of yours below so it set itself up as a franchise before second rate heroes and movies like Daredevil and Ghost Rider came along.Iron Man was sold on Robert Downey Jr. (in hindsight) since no one thought it would do well but then he made it his resurgence.

That would've been funny if it were real, but it probably isn't.

Is it just a fun fact? Because if it's something you're trying to say, well, it doesn't say anything. Superman, Spiderman and Batman all are the most popular superheroes. X-Men came before every other film on that list of yours below so it set itself up as a franchise before second rate heroes and movies like Daredevil and Ghost Rider came along.Iron Man was sold on Robert Downey Jr. (in hindsight) since no one thought it would do well but then he made it his resurgence.

:badday:

207.4m18.9m18m (-5%)14.2m (-21%)13.8m (-3%)33.2m (+143%)48m (+44%)37m (-23%)390.5m 10 DayIs it just me or does that sound way too high? Is 118m 2nd weekend too high for this?

Yes and yes. But as I stated before, these are uncharted waters, someone could project less than 340m in ten days or higher than 390 and they'd both be just as possible at this point.

Yes and yes. But as I stated before, these are uncharted waters, someone could project less than 340m in ten days or higher than 390 and they'd both be just as possible at this point.

There's no way this does less than 340 in ten days. You're such a moron.Oh, wait, did I post that? :bagoverhead:
  • Like 1