75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

This will drop throughout the week...no increases for this big boy.

Of course it'll drop. It's May.

Spider-Man's first week drops.

-65.3%

-9.7%

-16.5%

-10.2%

Edited by Shantal

Can we do some breakdowns?18M MID61M OD147M OW441M would be a 3X what TA could get, but December wouldn't we get a higher multiplier?3.9X = 573M between CON1 and IAL

ROTK had a x3 even with its 5-day OW. And The Hobbit has one more weekend holiday than LOTR movies. I think your breakdown it could be possible

Of course it'll drop. It's May.

Spider-Man's first week drops.

-65.3%

-9.7%

-16.5%

-10.2%

Yes. I had looked at Spiderman as a possible model for The Avengers, but then we have to look to the weekends too. And Spiderman dropped a 37.8% the second weekend. So, we would have 130 million second weekend... The world would explode Edited by peludo

Yes. I had looked at Spiderman as a possible model for The Avengers, but then we have to look to the weekends too. And Spiderman dropped a 37.8% the second weekend. So, we would have 130 million second weekend... The world would explode

Mass hysteria on the streets. We would get some of this :what: followed by a little of this :OMG:

Very impressive. And as far as it beating TDK, Titantic or Avatar. I think it beats TDK but the other two I don't know. It's certainly possible. As far as TDKR and TH beating Avengers it's hard to say that. I think TDKR certainly has its work cut out for it, but again anything and everything has to be on the table.

Very impressive. And as far as it beating TDK, Titantic or Avatar. I think it beats TDK but the other two I don't know. It's certainly possible. As far as TDKR and TH beating Avengers it's hard to say that. I think TDKR certainly has its work cut out for it, but again anything and everything has to be on the table.

Agree. In this point I think everything is possible for the 3 movies. This is going to be a historic year

Yes. I had looked at Spiderman as a possible model for The Avengers, but then we have to look to the weekends too. And Spiderman dropped a 37.8% the second weekend. So, we would have 130 million second weekend... The world would explode

If it had a $130M 2nd weekend, there would be no question that it would outgross Avatar...Heck, even $1B domestic would be in play.

Wasn't TDK's monday drop much, much smaller? I know the summerdays help, but I don't get this talk about the best Monday drop in the last 10 years

Regardless of the drop, the largest non-holiday, non-summer Monday was $11,034,785 by SM1, ten years ago. This beats that, even when you consider inflation and 3D.

Or to put it another way. when comparing apples to apples, here is how TA has performed against the highest performances per day by Summer openers(rounded):

Friday:

Highest before: Spider-Man 3 - $59.8m

Avengers: $80.8m(+35%)

Saturday:

Highest before: Spider-Man 3 - $51.3m

Avengers: $69.6m(+36%)

Sunday:

Highest before: Spider-Man 3 - $39.9m

Avengers: $57.1m(+43%)

Monday:

Highest before: Spider-Man - $11m

Avengers: $18.9m(+72%)

Tuesday:

Highest before: Spider-Man - $10m

Avengers: $??.?m(+??.?%)

Not only is TA beating the best, it's doing so by wider and wider margins. Each day has been more impressive than the last. This could be attributed to sellout spillover and the bottom could drop out tomorrow, but for now, TA is performing like no other summer opener movie has.

BTW, I'm not really sure what TA does to my theory that for a comic book SH film series to elevate above 200m, it needs the main character(s) to have "Man" or "Men" in their names. I guess, with Iron Man as the obvious lead, it further confirms it.

X-Men -X2, X3

Superman -Superman Returns

Spider-Man -SM1, SM2, SM3

Batman - Batman, BB, TDK

Iron Man - IM1, IM2, TA

Films that just didn't have enough to get past the magical 200m mark:

Wolverine

Thor

Captain America

Fantastic Four

Hulk

Ghost Rider