75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I dunno if this means anything for other theaters, but the smaller Clearview theater which has free movies on Tuesdays for Optimum customers has all Avenger night showings sold out. Any theaters that still charge tickets have sold out showings yet?

amazing monday, remember spiderman drop 28% on sunday and Avengers drop 18% so a 67% on monday is nothing but great. $90 second weekend es very very likely, i think $100 second weekend has a chance but it will be very hard, anything over $100 is even more incredible than the unbeliavable $207 OW

It has a bigger monday than DH2 and that movie open on July with the biggest OW at that time (2nd now) and with a veru good 49% sun-mon drop. Only TDK has a better monday (and it was on July)

It has a bigger monday than DH2 and that movie open on July with the biggest OW at that time (2nd now) and with a veru good 49% sun-mon drop. Only TDK has a better monday (and it was on July)

It's not surprising it had a bigger Monday than DH2 -- that movie was crazy frontloaded.

Nice hold for The Avengers. Only 5 million behind The Dark Knight despite it being a weeknight and most teens still in school. Third largest non-holiday Monday ever behind The Dark Knight and Avatar. $340M ten-day is the minimum right now.

You're talking perspective, I'll give you perspective.Which is more difficult, holding on to 65% of $1.2m or holding on to 66% of $57m?

New releases in April, early May end up having the best Monday holds. Spider-Man had second-best Monday hold in the top 10. http://www.boxoffice...02-05-06&p=.htmTA's hold is just average, especially given that it had some spillover business from Sunday. Edited by RTX