Travod

Legend of Korra

Are the old boy and girl from the first series in this? If they are not, then that sucks. :(

I don't think you could've possibly given a vaguer description of whomever you meant.  

Firstly, credit to Coolio for being psychic.

Secondly, aside from old Katara appearing once in a blue moon and one flashback with Sokka in Season 1, no they don't appear.

That sucks. I was hoping for at least a cameo appearance.

What exactly did you think I meant by 'aside from old Katara appearing once in a blue moon and one flashback with Sokka in Season 1,?

And I remember Ang and Katara kissed once, I thought they were going to become lovers, LOL.

Uh..... they do. One of the main-ish characters of the series is their kid.

I haven't watched it yet but how come the season finale is already online? I thought that was next week.

Good question. On the other hand, HOLY CRAP THE SEASON FINALE IS ONLINE!!!

And it was pretty good. The Korra/Vaatu fights were great to watch and the portal to the spirit/human worlds staying open will probably make the next two seasons rather interesting. And seeing Admiral Zhao again was pretty cool (Wonder if he'll make another appearance next season since the fog disappeared). Sure the whole giant Korra spirit was a bit of a Deux ex Machina, but this series is pretty well known for them, so I'll forgive it. I'll admit, Korra's decision to keep the portals open kinda came the hell out of nowhere though. 

However, I think I slightly prefer the first season climax to this one though since that, while smaller scale, was handled a lot better and had a much better villain in Amon. As well as a shocking/explosive finale (pun completely intended).

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 1

Good question. On the other hand, HOLY CRAP THE SEASON FINALE IS ONLINE!!!

And it was pretty good. The Korra/Vaatu fights were great to watch and the portal to the spirit/human worlds staying open will probably make the next two seasons rather interesting. And seeing Admiral Zhao again was pretty cool (Wonder if he'll make another appearance next season since the fog disappeared). Sure the whole giant Korra spirit was a bit of a Deux ex Machina, but this series is pretty well known for them, so I'll forgive it. I'll admit, Korra's decision to keep the portals open kinda came the hell out of nowhere though. 

However, I think I slightly prefer the first season climax to this one though since that, while smaller scale, was handled a lot better and had a much better villain in Amon. As well as a shocking/explosive finale (pun completely intended).

My opinion:

I enjoyed the action sequences and humor in the last 4 episodes but the whole finale felt like it was resolved out of nowhere and they were pulling Deux ex Machina for everything.  This whole season has been plagued by pacing issues, and it got better near the end but the actual finale was too rushed and tried to wrap up too many things neatly.  If this season was 20 episodes like Avatar: The Last Airbender, they could have fleshed out everything better and explained things that didn't make sense with the finale, which made it feel empty.

For example, why was Iroh there again for a 5 second cameo?  Last week's episode his presence felt made a lot of sense and they weren't just forcing a connection the last series and he actually contributed to the plot but this week it seemed really unnecessary. How did Korra turn into a blue giant spirit thing even after Raava was removed from her?  What did Jinora do when she magically appeared from the sky to solve everybody's problems with some bright shiny light?  How did she know what to do all of the sudden and why was her spirit evaporating and teleporting to places after Tenzin found her in the lost spirit mist?

I don't find it necessarily bad to have these kind of situations to move the plot along, but when they do it there really needs to be more background and explanation.

• Like 1