herrmike

Who will be the first major superhero to bite it on the big screen?

Well, the possibility is there for Batman to die in TDKR. I deem it unlikey.Next big chance comes with Iron Man 3. Also unlikely.Outside of those two chances, I don't see much. Superman in a possible 3rd Man of Steel movie down the road, but I'm not holding my breath for the second one, let alone a third.They can't kill Spider-Man. That's just wrong.

Incredible Hulk, there even is a made for TV movie called "Death of the Incredible Hulk"Okay-Superman was going to die in the 1997 film that was never released.

They can't kill Cap. He is the leader (and most people do like him outside of these forms ;))Thor-no.The Flash could die if they ever make him into a film.

Captain America could go in Avengers 2. I see his franchise as the least bankable.

No, if they do the Civil War arc, which won't happen until an "Avengers 3" at the earliest, that is the one and only time they could kill him off since that was when Cap "died" in the comics (before being brought back in typical comic book fashion).

Yep.Though I still think redoing Spidey so early is stupid.(And I still don't get out WB is so worried about losing the rights to Superman when they did nothing with it for 20 years!)

Well, the possibility is there for Batman to die in TDKR. I deem it unlikey.Next big chance comes with Iron Man 3. Also unlikely.Outside of those two chances, I don't see much. Superman in a possible 3rd Man of Steel movie down the road, but I'm not holding my breath for the second one, let alone a third.They can't kill Spider-Man. That's just wrong.

I see Batman being the only possibility. No chance in hell Iron Man gets killed.

Yep.

Though I still think redoing Spidey so early is stupid.

(And I still don't get out WB is so worried about losing the rights to Superman when they did nothing with it for 20 years!)

losing rights? DC is their property, doesn't exist the possibility of losing the rights

losing rights? DC is their property, doesn't exist the possibility of losing the rights

It is something like that. I know DC owns Superman. But I kept on reading that they had a deadline to release it by.

• Founder / Operator

Great topic!I think it will require a character that comes from a collection of heroes, that way the death doesn't completely end said franchise and gives the other main characters something to latch onto.That being said, a member of The Avengers has to be the leading contender. I can't ever see Spidey or Batman dying on-screen. But Steve Rogers or Bruce Banner? Totally can see that. Banner seems the most logical since no one wants to see his individual movies anyway. :lol:

After watching Avengers, I'd rather not have ANY one of them die. Honestly it would kind of and kind of not be surprising if Batman was killed in TDKR. Nolan's series is rather dark and pessimistic, so the hero dying would be a fitting end, although I have no idea what type of reaction that would get from the fans and the public.