CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

The Avatar hate is over-blown.People either resent its success or its message.Either way the movie is average at worst. I think it has impressive visuals and action with important themes I agree with.I look forward to an Avatar sequel over most of Hollywood's lazy, mass produced crap.

I don't really agree in any way with the environmentalist agenda, but I enjoy the movie nonetheless. I also agree with you that the hate it receives is over the top.

The Avatar hate is over-blown.People either resent its success or its message.Either way the movie is average at worst. I think it has impressive visuals and action with important themes I agree with.I look forward to an Avatar sequel over most of Hollywood's lazy, mass produced crap.

Its just cool to hate on anything successful, Titanic used to get all the hate on forums but now people like it again after its been passed. I gaurantee that if AVATAR had flopped big time, many people would be saying things like "god people are so dumb, they ignore a great film like AVATAR but spend shit loads going to see shite like Transformers".
  • Like 1

Solid hold, less than a 54% drop when you subtract midnights. Here is what'll probably happen, and I'm trying to be conservative here:Fri - 29Sat - 43 (+49%)Sun: 28.67(-30%)Total: 100.67 (-51.3%) It has a good chance of beating TDK's drop, unless it's Sat increase disappoints or Mother's Day kills Sunday completely.

Bullshit, tdk/nolan fans care very much about bo, otherwise they would`t go in rage-mode every time a movie owns it, avatar, avengers etc. And the new batman franchise got most of it`s fans, after it was such a monster bo-wise. After BB there were`t so much fans who were bad mouthing and shit talking every other movie. But after tdk sucess, wohhhoooooooo, man shit just got serious.

yeah TDK made 533m and I think it too much for one movie.I am happy with TDK success and TDKR will do 400m+ which is more than enough for me.Avengers will make 600m and I do not want to pass Titanic box office.

Posted Image

I'm sure there's a better comparison because that one is kind of terrible. Luke Skywalker's piloting was definitely more important than Harry's Quidditch abilities but I'm not gonna bother with the rest.

TA has really picked up today.Already one sellout today at my theaterNumerous day time sellouts around 2-3 pm around me.Its a great sign feel like a film getting a 40+ million Saturday for sure... :bop:

And open endings. That is becoming a must in every movie.

Even Dark Shadows has an open ending! Just why did that movie needed one?!

Edited by CJohn

And open endings. That is becoming a must in every movie. Even Dark Shadows has an open ending! Just why did that movie needed one?!

studios are desperate for franchises that come from larger than expected grosses, could be an explanation why so many sequels past 15 years compared to ever before even with movies that don't exactly gross a lotnow of course DS will not be one of those but they didn't know that when they made it

Edited by GiantCALBears