CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

With $29.1 Avengers will easily make over $100 (last saturday it was up 12% without previews, so an over 45% satuday increase is very likely) i expect a $105 second weekend ($30 over the record, remember avatar was also in 3D and with a higher share) It will be second in admissions to SpiderMan

Fuck Avatar. I tried watching that on FX the other night, and passed out. Still haven't managed a rewatch since theaters. It's just not that special, and WOW, it really doesn't transfer well from big screen to small screen. It looked like a Final Fantasy game on TV whereas in theaters you felt submerged in the world... It's a shame that Cameron has stated he wants to focus exclusively on Avatar for the rest of his career.

• Like 2

A great day for TA, slightly lower than my 31m predict but at least it looks on pace to hit 100m+. All depends on that Saturday increase. I think we're in store for a huge Saturday increase in the Thor range. TA had a 135% increase comapred to Thor's 127%. Plus TA dropped 9% on Thursday and Thor stayed flat so that explains its slightly higher increase. I'd be surprised if it doesn't increase by at least 55% today.29.1m46m (+58%)31.3m (-32%)106.4m (48.7% drop)

Fuck Avatar. I tried watching that on FX the other night, and passed out. Still haven't managed a rewatch since theaters. It's just not that special, and WOW, it really doesn't transfer well from big screen to small screen. It looked like a Final Fantasy game on TV whereas in theaters you felt submerged in the world... It's a shame that Cameron has stated he wants to focus exclusively on Avatar for the rest of his career.

The problem with AVATAR is that a tv signal just isn't enough for the film (even hd tv signal), there is just too much detail on screen. Now check out the Blu-Ray on a big tv and it looks awesome, best looking Blu-Ray ever and it looks even better than at the cinema imo.

A great day for TA, slightly lower than my 31m predict but at least it looks on pace to hit 100m+. All depends on that Saturday increase. I think we're in store for a huge Saturday increase in the Thor range. TA had a 135% increase comapred to Thor's 127%. Plus TA dropped 9% on Thursday and Thor stayed flat so that explains its slightly higher increase. I'd be surprised if it doesn't increase by at least 55% today.29.1m46m (+58%)31.3m (-32%)106.4m (48.7% drop)

Do you think it couldn't manage a better Sunday drop, considering Mother's Day?

Avatar is worse than AvengersAvengers 6.5/10Avatar 4/10

The problem with AVATAR is that a tv signal just isn't enough for the film (even hd tv signal), there is just too much detail on screen. Now check out the Blu-Ray on a big tv and it looks awesome, best looking Blu-Ray ever and it looks even better than at the cinema imo.

Thanks, I will... I have an HD TV, unfortunately it's only 32in. When I move into my own place I'll get something much bigger and give it a try.

Thanks, I will... I have an HD TV, unfortunately it's only 32in. When I move into my own place I'll get something much bigger and give it a try.

It's still a shit movie no matter how fancy the tv. ;)