CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

yeah TDK made 533m and I think it too much for one movie.

I am happy with TDK success and TDKR will do 400m+ which is more than enough for me.

Avengers will make 600m and I do not want to pass Titanic box office.

Oh but it will. And Avatar should better watch out too. :)

Regarding what will be the best movie, THE AVENGERS is hands down the best time I've ever had in a movie theater, and that includes the time my ex-girl went down on me while we were watching BLACK SWAN at some almost empty screening. See, in my opinion, THE AVENGERS is better than sex while watching Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman going down each other, it's more than the most glorious nerdgasm because the whole World loves them too. It's not about Box Office, is it? What bothers you and the worst faction of Nolan's Batman fans isn't the box office, it's the fact that the whole World is madly in love with THE AVENGERS. That's what makes your skin crawl, that's why you don't want it to beat Titanic and why the movie's success bothers you.

I say that's a shame. People loving THE AVENGERS shouldn't make you feel bad. This is a glorious moment, the World embraced what I see as the best blockbuster movie since STAR WARS, and the movie is crushing the box office for this very reason. There was a time when people thought that people thought that making a successful THE AVENGERS movie, that bringing all what makes them character bigger than life to the movie screens was an impossible task. The ceiling is gone now. The possibilities are endless. Marvel Films achieved to give birth to a Movieverse that already rivals STAR WARS Movieverse, and after this insane amount of money this movie is raking, I don't even know how much insanely bigger they can go. There came an age, an age unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, THE AVENGERS were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand, and become the one super hero movie to rule them all.

I'm not taking TDKR for granted, but boy, it does have a lot to live up to if the worst section of Nolan's Batman fans insist to see this as a competition. It isn't. THE AVENGERS success - and when I talk about success I'm not talking about box office, that's just the consequence - is TDKR's success, and as soon as you all realize this, the better. ;)

Regarding what will be the best movie, THE AVENGERS is hands down the best time I've ever had in a movie theater, and that includes the time my ex-girl went down on me while we were watching BLACK SWAN at some almost empty screening. See, in my opinion, THE AVENGERS is better than sex while watching Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman going down each other, it's more than the most glorious nerdgasm because the whole World loves them too. It's not about Box Office, is it? What bothers you and the worst faction of Nolan's Batman fans isn't the box office, it's the fact that the whole World is madly in love with THE AVENGERS. That's what makes your skin crawl, that's why you don't want it to beat Titanic and why the movie's success bothers you.

I say that's a shame. People loving THE AVENGERS shouldn't make you feel bad. This is a glorious moment, the World embraced what I see as the best blockbuster movie since STAR WARS, and the movie is crushing the box office for this very reason. There was a time when people thought that people thought that making a successful THE AVENGERS movie, that bringing all what makes them character bigger than life to the movie screens was an impossible task. The ceiling is gone now. The possibilities are endless. Marvel Films achieved to give birth to a Movieverse that already rivals STAR WARS Movieverse, and after this insane amount of money this movie is raking, I don't even know how much insanely bigger they can go. There came an age, an age unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, THE AVENGERS were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand, and become the one super hero movie to rule them all.

I'm not taking TDKR for granted, but boy, it does have a lot to live up to if the worst section of Nolan's Batman fans insist to see this as a competition. It isn't. THE AVENGERS success - and when I talk about success I'm not talking about box office, that's just the consequence - is TDKR's success, and as soon as you all realize this, the better. ;)

Posted Image Edited by stuart360

Thanks, 55% increase for Saturday.

Not from his theater. His had a trajectory for 31 mill last night and it the nation ended with 29.1...so thats a difference of about 7%. So use the same trajectory and it's about 48%. So that's about a 43 mill Saturday.

What the fuck happened to this thread? :hijacked:I leave for a few hours and everyone begins to hate on Avatar - which, while isn't anywhere near both Terminators, Titanic or Aliens, is still a wonderful film in its own right. Whatever.

• Like 2

Don't knock it Stuart until you've tried it. My girlfriend did the same to me in some Disney Pirates film in the 90's. Wonderful time. :)

Not from his theater. His had a trajectory for 31 mill last night and it the nation ended with 29.1...so thats a difference of about 7%. So use the same trajectory and it's about 48%. So that's about a 43 mill Saturday.

So about a 105mil weekend?.

Oh my goodness, that is so sad. :(

Posted Image

I actually have evidence to prove that, but it wouldn't be a bright idea to post this kind of a thing on the internet, right? Oh shit I've done it already, haven't I? Me and my big mouth. :P Edited by iJackSparrow

Don't knock it Stuart until you've tried it. My girlfriend did the same to me in some Disney Pirates film in the 90's. Wonderful time. :)

Same thing happened to me at the Hugh Grant film 'Nine Months', it was my first 'experience'. :wub:

I actually have evidence to prove that, but it wouldn't be a bright idea to post this kind of a thing on the internet, right? Oh shit I'vedone it already, haven't I? Me and my big mouth. :P

Why would you still have a video of your EX-girlfriend blowing you? Delete it. You don't want it falling in the wrong hands.

I actually have evidence to prove that, but it wouldn't be a bright idea to post this kind of a thing on the internet, right? Oh shit I'vedone it already, haven't I? Me and my big mouth. :P

You kept the pants?, what as a memento?
  • Like 1

Same thing happened to me at the Hugh Grant film 'Nine Months', it was my first 'experience'. :wub:

No one's criticizing him getting a blowjob in a theater...it's that he thinks the film is better than sex.

hahahaha....gotcha..understood.

I still think Dark Knight Rises is going to be a great film. Avengers and TDKR are two different films.It like saying Prometheus and Avatar are the same since they both take place on different planets with aliens. I do not see it as a competition.I do not why people make a big deal about two comic book movies.

Oh but it will. And Avatar should better watch out too. :)Regarding what will be the best movie, THE AVENGERS is hands down the best time I've ever had in a movie theater, and that includes the time my ex-girl went down on me while we were watching BLACK SWAN at some almost empty screening. See, in my opinion, THE AVENGERS is better than sex while watching Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman going down each other, it's more than the most glorious nerdgasm because the whole World loves them too. It's not about Box Office, is it? What bothers you and the worst faction of Nolan's Batman fans isn't the box office, it's the fact that the whole World is madly in love with THE AVENGERS. That's what makes your skin crawl, that's why you don't want it to beat Titanic and why the movie's success bothers you.I say that's a shame. People loving THE AVENGERS shouldn't make you feel bad. This is a glorious moment, the World embraced what I see as the best blockbuster movie since STAR WARS, and the movie is crushing the box office for this very reason. There was a time when people thought that people thought that making a successful THE AVENGERS movie, that bringing all what makes them character bigger than life to the movie screens was an impossible task. The ceiling is gone now. The possibilities are endless. Marvel Films achieved to give birth to a Movieverse that already rivals STAR WARS Movieverse, and after this insane amount of money this movie is raking, I don't even know how much insanely bigger they can go. There came an age, an age unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, THE AVENGERS were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand, and become the one super hero movie to rule them all.I'm not taking TDKR for granted, but boy, it does have a lot to live up to if the worst section of Nolan's Batman fans insist to see this as a competition. It isn't. THE AVENGERS success - and when I talk about success I'm not talking about box office, that's just the consequence - is TDKR's success, and as soon as you all realize this, the better. ;)

Man, you sure are obsessed with Nolan's fans.