CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

That's where XFC succeeds. It feels like a spy movie instead of a superhero movie, plus the acting by McAvoy and Fassbender is great regardless of whether the movie is based on a comic book. I think you'd like it very much when you see it.

I'll try and watch it next week and see if i change my mind on X2. One of my neighbours said it was too violent and everyone gets killed but i can't trust his judgement as he has a very weird taste in films and changes his mind constantly, i hate talking about films with him lol.

XFC is overrated. Bryan Singer is a hack. X-Men, X2, Usual Suspects, Superman Returns and his upcoming Jack the Giant Killer looks like a huge bore as well. Don't understand the hype. What was different from the previous XM movies? He developed nothing despite over a decade of having hindsight to improve his story. Shallow, meaningless and pointless. Give us a director with actual balls and vision. Only thing good about the movie was McAvoy and Fassbender basically killing most every actor in a superhero movie.

XFC is overrated. Bryan Singer is a hack. X-Men, X2, Usual Suspects, Superman Returns and his upcoming Jack the Giant Killer looks like a huge bore as well. Don't understand the hype. What was different from the previous XM movies? He developed nothing despite over a decade of having hindsight to improve his story. Shallow, meaningless and pointless. Give us a director with actual balls and vision. Only thing good about the movie was McAvoy and Fassbender basically killing most every actor in a superhero movie.

Singer produced it, but it was directed by Matthew Vaughn. If you think McAvoy and Fassbender are great, then Vaughn deserves credit for casting them and directing their performances.

This!XFC is by far the best x-men movie, this coming from a huge wolverine fan. Fassbender was epic, his interpretation of magento was awesome, he nailed the character.

The guy brings such intensity to his acting. He made the scene in the underground bar in IB, IMO. I think it's just a matter of time before he wins an Oscar for something. He just needs a more "Academy-type" edgy role he can sink his teeth into.

I'm female and I'll rate both Transformers and Twilight very very low on my personal movie scale. Because of that I just ignore them and don't even care if they break records. I wish I had the "Ignore" function for movies such as these on the net, so I wouldn't have to read anything about them, ever.

But I prefer to ignore movies I don't like, while some guys here go out of their way to talk about their disliked movies.

I wish I could like your post but I'm out of quota now. Face THE AVENGERS hate as some sort of twisted compliment, that's the way I'm dealing with the unjustifiable hate coming from the usual suslects.

I love how some claim THE AVENGERS fans are being sensitive aboutcriticism, while disguising hate and looking to a movie from a hi horse with criticism. There is NO MOVIE above criticism, and I think most of THE AVENGERS fans have been dealing with with real criticism quite politely. Just don't expect us to not notice fanboy hating, most of you are not as clever as TDK movies made you think you are. Being a fan of a movie doesn't mean I won't criticize it, I'm doing right now with TDK.

There's something about TDK that worked as a reverse message of Fight Club was all about. Enjoying TDK doesn't make you more clever,and TDK isn't the be-all end-all of Batman movies. Most of TDK fans haven't even saw Mask of the Phantasm, most of them doesn't even know what's the real potential of Batman and his mythos and how so far Nolan hasn't even come close to fulfill all that. I'm very thankful for Nolan for the first BATMAN BEGINS and most of all, for giving it back Batman's dignity and making him an even bigger mainstream character, but I can see the Batman movie franchise and the DC movieverse itself benefitting a hell lot of a reboot. With THE AVENGERS out there and monster hits like the Arkham Asylum game out there, we may be more close to the ultimate Batman movie than we've ever been. And this is great news for all of us.

For a lot of time, people had Raimi's Spider-Man as the ultimate version of the character in cinema. Webb's Spider-Man acts, moves and talks more like the Spider-Man I've fell in love since I barely could read more than all the Raimi's movies combined. That's what I'm hoping for the Batman reboot, and THEN you all see what Batman is really capable of.

Edited by iJackSparrow

The guy brings such intensity to his acting. He made the scene in the underground bar in IB, IMO. I think it's just a matter of time before he wins an Oscar for something. He just needs a more "Academy-type" edgy role he can sink his teeth into.

This doesn't count?

Posted Image

Singer produced it, but it was directed by Matthew Vaughn. If you think McAvoy and Fassbender are great, then Vaughn deserves credit for casting them and directing their performances.

Vaughn has definitely developed a great rep when it comes to his choice and handling of actors/actresses. Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, Chloe Moretz in Kick Ass and both McAvoy and Fassbender in XFC.

Seriously? He was in that? I've never even seen it. But seeing his face with that title makes me think it's a fake poster(even though I'm sure it's not).

I haven't seen it either but yes he's in it :lol:

Seriously? He was in that? I've never even seen it. But seeing his face with that title makes me think it's a fake poster(even though I'm sure it's not).

I didn't know that he was either, but I never bothered with that movie neither lol