CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

TA is one of the most fun, entertaining movies I've ever watched. Saw it for a second time today and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. I would watch it over just about any other comic based movie except for maybe the original Superman, which is my all time favorite comic book movie. Also, I loved Inception and BB is my favorite Batman movie. I don't see the increase today being less than 48%. Personally, I think it hits 50%+.

Some actors just own the roles they are given. If they were told to play a tree stump, that tree stump would steal the scene. Day Lewis does that. So does Benecio Del Toro. Fassbender is one of those kinds of actors.

That and Inglourious Basterds. I still haven't seen any of his Indie performances yet.

He's excellent in both Centurion and Jane Eyre.(My wife loves him. After we saw XFC, I had to go out and rent all the movies I could find with him. He did wonders for my bedroom life for awhile there...) :lol:

I honestly didn't know he was in Jonah Hex, crazy.

I didn't realize it was him the first time I watched it. Saw it again recently and was like "wholly crap, that's Fassbender!!". LOLSomething tells me he doesn't talk about that movie much.

I didn't realize it was him the first time I watched it. Saw it again recently and was like "wholly crap, that's Fassbender!!". LOLSomething tells me he doesn't talk about that movie much.

lol is he in the movie a lot? Haven't seen it but I'm curious about his role in it

If stay on this board you will see the hate twilight get. It so sickening. If you think Avengers has it bad just what on see the hate for twilight. When twilight break OD and midnight record and does 300m the hate is so strong. Twilight hate is 100 times greater then this Avenger hate.

What THE AVENGERS hate, mate? Let's do a head count, shall we? A faction of Nolan's Batman fanbase, A. O. Scott and some sparse and few film snobs "hating" on the movie. We have the WORLD making THE AVENGERS breaking records all around the Globe with more than two weeks of screenings that keep getting sold out, an A+ rating on Cinemascore, 93% of approval from critics on RT, a super soldier, a couple of master assassins, a demigod, an iron man and did I mention we have a fucking HULK? You don't even have an army. Resistance is futile. :P Edited by iJackSparrow

Supposedly he was great in "Hunger" a few years ago. Been meaning to check it out but haven't had the chance.

Its a good film, there is a talking scene where its one camera shot and the scene literaly goes on for about 20 minutes, i'd love to know how they do that, it must be cue cards or something.

I can't believe how many films he's been in lately, he's in overdrive and i don't blame him.

Hulk movie could be a uber blockbuster now. Only thing it has to be is well made especially his action sequences.

I see that sentiment a lot since Avengers came out. Audiences are loving him.

But I think the way they do the Hulk onscreen just won't carry a solo movie. He's still essentially a mute. He is still almost a non-character with regard to development. Until they treat him like a real character, I think the audience will be bored with a "Incredible Bruce Banner" movie. They pay to see the Hulk and instead get a movie about Banner. Not saying Banner isn't important...but so far it's been all Banner and no Hulk development-wise.

If Marvel makes another Hulk movie where he doesn't speak and we never get to know him, his motivations, emotions, and personality...I say it goes right back to "boring" and under-performs at the box office. They can get away with that in an ensemble movie where he is surrounded by interesting characters.

Inception is inspired by Bond: OHMSS which a lot people hate.

Inception may have come from a comic book... http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Rosa/show.php?num=1&loc=D2002-033&s=date :)

What THE AVENGERS hate, mate? Let's do a head count, shall we?A faction of Nolan's Batman fanbase, A. O. Scott and some sparse and few film snobs "hating" on the movie.We have the WORLD making THE AVENGERS breaking records all around the Globe with more than two weeks of screenings that keep getting sold out, an A+ rating on Cinemascore, 93% of approval from critics on RT, a super soldier, a couple of master assassins, a demigod, an iron man and did I mention we have a fucking HULK?You don't even have an army. Resistance is futile. :P

I fear for you when this movie comes no where near Titanic or AVATAR worldwide.

I see that sentiment a lot since Avengers came out. Audiences are loving him.

But I think the way they do the Hulk onscreen just won't carry a solo movie. He's still essentially a mute. He is still almost a non-character with regard to development. Until they treat him like a real character, I think the audience will be bored with a "Incredible Bruce Banner" movie. They pay to see the Hulk and instead get a movie about Banner. Not saying Banner isn't important...but so far it's been all Banner and no Hulk development-wise.

If Marvel makes another Hulk movie where he doesn't speak and we never get to know him, his motivations, emotions, and personality...I say it goes right back to "boring" and under-performs at the box office. They can get away with that in an ensemble movie where he is surrounded by interesting characters.

Inception may have come from a comic book... http://disneycomics....2002-033&s=date :)

Or not. Nolan doesn't even read Batman comics, never mind Duck Tales. I think Dreamscape, the Matrix, Dark City, the heist genre itself, and the Bond franchise were all big influences on the movie.

I can't stand XFC. I have a ton of issues with the film but near the top would be:McAvoy and his 'finger to the temple / now I'm constipated' look. Some how previous actors playing Charles Xavier (they know who they are!) managed to convey use of his mental powers without resorting to something so absurd.The casting of Kevin Bacon. Shaw is a physically imposing character in the comics. Kevin Bacon is a shrimp. He looked like a child in Magneto's helmet.Banshee and the chick that flys and spits blobs of acid are d-listers and their powers look horrible on the big screen.Fassbender was wasted in that film. Only good thing was Rose Byrne running around in her underwear.

• Like 1