I'm gonna die of sadness once this is over!!!! or it will feel like it...i'm not ready for it to be the last friday i'll ever see fringe!fringe was there for me when lost and battlestar galactica were ending....it seems there's nothing there to help me transition this time round; life suck for a scifi fan,no relief in sight

• Like 1

I'm gonna die of sadness once this is over!!!! or it will feel like it...i'm not ready for it to be the last friday i'll ever see fringe!fringe was there for me when lost and battlestar galactica were ending....it seems there's nothing there to help me transition this time round; life suck for a scifi fan,no relief in sight

Not Sci-Fi but I'll have Walking Dead and Game of Thrones for my genre TV fix.I might watch Spartacus purely for the lolz Edited by 4815162342

Agree, I miss Stargate!Thankfully I have other good TV shows like Supernatural, Once Upon A Time and I will begin Arrow soon.For Sci-Fi don't worry : Under the Dome, from Spielberg, will arrive soon.

I just finished watching the series finale, I'm interested in watching all 5 seasons. Can anyone give me a synopsis as who "Michael" is and why is he important? It was said that he reached a higher evolution.

It's convoluted to explain here in a post, so I'll briefly summarize.Michael was introduced in the middle of Season 1 as a strange empathic child but was only in a single episode. However at the end of the episode we see the recurring Observer September watching him, which was a hint that Michael was somehow related to the Observers.Michael then didn't appear in the show again until past the midway point of Season 5 where he became part of the Season's MacGuffin. It turned out that he was from the future and was a genetic anomaly in the Observers (who are all grown in tanks) who halted his growth when they discovered this. The Observer September stole him and hid him in the present-day to keep him safe. His importance is that in the future, Norweigian scientists in the late 22nd Century figure out how to maximize human intelligence and mental abilities, but at the cost of sacrificing human emotions, which leads into the purely logical/rational Observers who after consuming future Earth's resources travel back in time to colonize 21st Century Earth. Michael's importance is that his genetic anomaly gives him all of the Observer's mental/intelligence but at the same time keeps the emotional parts of his brain fully functional (the best of both worlds so to speak). Therefore, the heroes realize that if they can transport Michael to late 22nd Century Norway, the scientists will choose to take their research down a different path, which would wipe out the Observers from existance and reset time to 2015 (which is when the Observers invaded our Earth).My issue with this plot is this: Because the Observers have already colonized present-day Earth, that changes the entire future to the point that there will be no scientific discovery in late 22nd Century Norway because there won't be a need for it since the Observers will already be there. Season 5 Fringe has some issues with its time travel logic. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Thanks numbers. You truly are the most intelligent poster here. Time travel does throw a ranch into things.I've another question, why didn't September go to 2167 rather than Michael?

September gets shot in the final minutes of the finale and dies (he's the white guy with the slightly odd hair). He had intended to accompany Michael but dying threw a wrench in that plan. Plus Michael had to go because he was biological proof that emotion didn't need to be sacrificed to turn humanity into essentially space-time bending Vulcans.There's actually an even greater time travel flaw in the finale's plan. Obviously you wouldn't know this since you're not familiar with the whole show, but theoretically, wiping out the Observers from existance should also negate the entire history of the show post mid-1980s because the entire premise for the first 4 seasons began when an Observer accidentally distracted the alternate universe Walter (John Noble's character aka Denethor) from discovering the cure for his universe's Peter's illness, which motivates our timeline's Walter to cross universes and steal Peter to save him (since his (aka our) Peter died already). No distraction, Walternate obtains the cure, alt-Peter lives, no trans-universal kidnapping, no building blocks for the cross-universal war the first 4 seasons twirled around (and no meeting between Peter and Olivia ever, at least our Peter and Olivia). Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

September gets shot in the final minutes of the finale and dies (he's the white guy with the slightly odd hair). He had intended to accompany Michael but dying threw a wrench in that plan. Plus Michael had to go because he was biological proof that emotion didn't need to be sacrificed to turn humanity into essentially space-time bending Vulcans.There's actually an even greater time travel flaw in the finale's plan. Obviously you wouldn't know this since you're not familiar with the whole show, but theoretically, wiping out the Observers from existance should also negate the entire history of the show post mid-1980s because the entire premise for the first 4 seasons began when an Observer accidentally distracted the alternate universe Walter (John Noble's character aka Denethor) from discovering the cure for his universe's Peter's illness, which motivates our timeline's Walter to cross universes and steal Peter to save him (since his (aka our) Peter died already). No distraction, Walternate obtains the cure, alt-Peter lives, no trans-universal kidnapping, no building blocks for the cross-universal war the first 4 seasons twirled around (and no meeting between Peter and Olivia ever, at least our Peter and Olivia).

Thanks again, so ending with Peter, Olivia and Etta was the alternate universe or our universe? Also, Didn't they say, time would be reset to 2015 before the takeover not all the way to mid 1980's.

Thanks again, so ending with Peter, Olivia and Etta was the alternate universe or our universe? Also, Didn't they say, time would be reset to 2015 before the takeover not all the way to mid 1980's.

Everyone in the show assumes the timeline would reset to 2015 the day the Observers were supposed to invade. I'm just not sure the show's timeline logic really holds since while there are alternate universes, nothing in the show supports there being alternate timelines, just time being a straight line.

Everyone in the show assumes the timeline would reset to 2015 the day the Observers were supposed to invade. I'm just not sure the show's timeline logic really holds since while there are alternate universes, nothing in the show supports there being alternate timelines, just time being a straight line.

There are always logic problems with time travel but show was intriguing and I'm definitely interested in watching it in it's entirety.

I really enjoyed the show, but looking back both the 4th and 5th seasons somewhat annoyed me with their plot narratives and logic. I think the show following the season 3 finale (which had a couple substantial flaws for me in its own right) should have taken a different path than it did. The show became too enamored of itself with regarding to alternate universes and timelines and constructing ways to further alter them and then reset them.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the show, but looking back both the 4th and 5th seasons somewhat annoyed me with their plot narratives and logic. I think the show following the season 3 finale (which had a couple substantial flaws for me in its own right) should have taken a different path than it did. The show became too enamored of itself with regarding to alternate universes and timelines and constructing ways to further alter them and then reset them.

I really enjoyed the show as well. I just accepted the flaws in the timelines/narrative a long time ago. Another thing a tried not to let bug me to much this season was the geography. It's basically a heavily monitored police state and yet they always manage to have no trouble traveling between the lab in Boston and New York where everything seemed to take place this season.