Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Keep in mind Frozen will lose many screens in july to the new Ghibli movie  and many other summer movies

That doesn't matter. If you look at past summer weekends you'll see 10 movies have 300 or more screens. That more than enough to have 3m weekends and 6m midweeks. Of those 10 movies, a majority do less than 2m for the weekend. Frozen would have no problem keeping 400+. Also most weekends do less than 25m. Smaller than the GW weekends, that's 25% from a hug saturation point. Plenty of excess capacity for frozen to do well.

That doesn't matter. If you look at past summer weekends you'll see 10 movies have 300 or more screens. That more than enough to have 3m weekends and 6m midweeks. Of those 10 movies, a majority do less than 2m for the weekend. Frozen would have no problem keeping 400+. Also most weekends do less than 25m. Smaller than the GW weekends, that's 25% from a hug saturation point. Plenty of excess capacity for frozen to do well.

Nothing will matter if the rumor that Frozen will be pulled completely from theaters with the DVD/Blue Ray release comes to pass.

Regarding selling the DVD while the movie is hot. This debate went on in the domestic thread when the DVD was released in March. some people think that you make more money by selling the DVD sooner. here is an observation. Japan doesn't release their DVD's until about a year later and have had a few movies enter the top 10 all time in admissions in the last 15 years and the population has not gone up. Domestic used to release DVDs 9 months to a year out in the 90's you had much larger box office and there was just one entry into the top 10 all time admissions Titanic. in last 15 years 0. Imagine if they released the DVDs later like Japan, maybe Avengers and avatar make it into the top 10 and that would be over a billion dollars. If they make 300 million in DVD sales wouldn't they get those sales at 9 months after the release while making 300m more at the BO like ?. I really do think they cannibalize there own revenue just to get it to the bottom line sooner.

I want to cry... Literally. DreamWorks Animation just announced release dates for Croods 2, Madagascar 4 and Puss in Boots 2. There is clearly no hope left in this world.

Watch the classics. You have 70 years of movies you've neglected.Here are a few more. Suck it up and watch black and white. old hollywood takes you to another time and place with the zeitgeist of the decade it was made.On the waterfrontMr smith goes to WashingtonYou cant take it with youThe quiet manApocalypse nowPlatoonWall streetPattonThe great escapeThe dirty dozenThe longest yardAnimal houseNational lampoons vacationBlazing saddlesSound of musicChitty chitty bang bangMy fair ladyDr Doolittle the 60s version.Close encountersArsenic and old laceAbbot and Costello did 18 comedy moviesLaurel and hardy did many movies. March of the wooden soldiers is a favorite.Little rascal shortsMonkey businessBringing up baby. My man Godfrey 1939Shirley temple made several cute disneyesque musicals in 30s
  • Like 1

At this point, I wonder if Frozen can still overtake Titanic. Even SA in USD is not a sure thing now, as its drops are getting bigger.

You are so glass completely empty at times. Lol.8m week this week at least takes it to 226.5.250 not a problem.I say we blast disney when the dvd doesn't sell near 2m and BO dies. Fuck em Edited by T E Lawrence

Noah spanking frozen. On pace to be down 33%. Did it lose seats?I wonder if its an opening day rush or if it will take the weekend. *1 **6183 ノア 約束の舟 *2 **2644 アナと雪の女王

I think Frozen will still be the winner of weekend boxoffice...

Noah is not a family-oriented movie....and judging from tomorrow's presale

the difference between frozen and Noah will not be that big....

At least, Frozen still have the most seats and biggest screens...

BTW, Japanese singers of " Love is an open door" will perform on TV (MUSIC FAIR ) on this Saturday night...

Hope this can boost Sunday's box office

• Like 1