Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1 hour ago, Cynosure said:

Foreign animated sequels almost always follow that trajectory in Japan  (Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda and Shrek come to mind). They have their own animated sequels every year (Conan, Doraemon, Pokemon, Shin-chan etc.) so they'll prefer original material when it comes to animated foreign movies. Only exceptions are sequels which are released far and away from each other (Monsters University in 2013 and probably Finding Dory this year).

What about the Minions series?

DM: $14.2 million

DM2: $24.0 million

Minions: $42.7 million

By the way, does anyone know of any Japanese movie rating sites like IMDB or China's Douban? Cannastop linked Yahoo Movies, but even a movie as popular and anticipated as Conan only has 1200 votes there.

Edited by LMAbacus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynosure said:

Yeah, that seems to be an exception...for now. Wouldn't be surprised to see it progressively become irrelevant in Japan in the upcoming years.

What exactly might become irrelevant? Yahoo Movies? Are you saying that it's relevant right now?

10 am (local time) - 2/3 of the market

Zootopia : 14,065

Conan : 22,361

A 40% increase for Zootopia compared to saturday. Should be enough to have a sunday increase by the end of the day but not an amazing increase.

Edited by Cynosure

The admissions were 95k with aeon.

That's 153k × $13.50 per ticket I'm guessing. 

$2.065m.

Needs a 20% bump today to get to ¥500m/$4.5m weekend.

Looks like that might not happen. It falling further behind Conan

1B WW in jeopardy. 

Edited by No Prisoners

6 hours ago, cannastop said:

Hey, you're from the Zootopia subreddit, aren't you? Welcome, btw!

Thanks. I've been following this forum a few days after Zootopia opened, and it's a shame I didn't know about it sooner.

Edited by LMAbacus
  • Like 1

Thanks. I've been following this forum a few days after Zootopia opened, and it's a shame I didn't know about it sooner.

I hear you, I found this forum when I was searching the best (fastest) way to follow SW VII box office success. After that I kind of got addicted. As a result my interest for movies is starting again, after 10+years. I think I've seen more movies in cinemas this year than in last ten years combined (and I've seen only SW, DP and TJB this year [emoji4], going to see CA3 next week).

Sorry for the off-topic message. I am certain that ZOO will make it to 1B WW.

Since we're all waiting for Zootopia results, I can tell my story too. I started participatin  in this forum in the spring of 2014. I wanted to be able to find 'Frozen' numbers for Japan more frequently than every Sunday, which is why I was so annoyed with Box Office Mojo. This forum solved this problem but also made me kind of addicted too. Box Office Mojo has only gotten worse since then so I can't imagine what I'd do w/o this forum.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2