Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There's no need to convert the gross of local films in USD. Local currency is what matters, especially for local films until you have to compare gross of different industries.

I agree. But, it's just annoying to see other's comparing runs in USD rather than LC (yen). I wished if we had C.E.R. of October 2010 ($1 = ¥80.48). Also Thank you for your advice 🌼

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 has exceeded ¥7.9B, adding an est. of ¥120M in Wednesday, while cumulative total is about 7.94B. Rankings has been up to 76th!!! (From 78th) while, it's now the 14th highest grossing anime film in Japan.

NWH has exceeded ¥1.9B in 6-days. Finally, it will exceed ¥2.0B tomorrow. Runs are so far parallel to Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 but will it still win the weekend?

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 Trajectory with Other Biggies (Demon Slayer Mugen Train, Spirited Away, Your Name &Friendly competitor : Evangelion 3.0+1.01: Thrice Upon A Time)

20220113-000819.jpg

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

Spidey had to pick between either sharing the debut with JJK which would've gotten the vast majority of screens (even moreso being a toho release) or lose holidays so it's not like it skipped christmas&new years because it wanted to. It was probably the lesser of two evils. Considering the dramatic situation of hollywood movies in jp past couple years the increase it got over FFH looks good enough to me, just because it did 2.7x FFH in some european market doesn't make it any less of an unrealistic mark for japan.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Spidey had to pick between either sharing the debut with JJK which would've gotten the vast majority of screens (even moreso being a toho release) or lose holidays so it's not like it skipped christmas&new years because it wanted to. It was probably the lesser of two evils. Considering the dramatic situation of hollywood movies in jp past couple years the increase it got over FFH looks good enough to me, just because it did 2.7x FFH in some european market doesn't make it any less of an unrealistic mark for japan.

Yeah exactly, not to mention that I have yet to understand in which European countries it would have earned "2.7 times more than Far From Home". Certainly not in the important ones, given that in Italy, UK and France it more or less doubled it while in Germany, Spain and Russia it did about 1.5 times as much...

Restriction are slowly implemented from 01/17 (Mon)

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 went ahead of NWH. Despite of winning multiple weekend Overseas ( including DOM) NWH will not win the 2nd Weekend in Japan. Legacy in MCU box office repeats history!!!

At 15:08 JST

Confidence Man Hero : 31,090 (+2205)

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 : 20,685 (+1402)

No Way Home : 20,198 (+900)

• Astonished 1

From Corpse

"Jujutsu Kaisen 0 exceeded ¥8 billion (~$71-72 million) on 5.89 million admissions on Thursday. Meant to share this yesterday, but got busy. And after Friday, it's very likely above ¥8.1 billion on ~5.97 million admissions. It should hold well this weekend, no reason to really expect rough drop based on its solid Friday hold, so something around ¥400 million this weekend and a total above ¥8.5 billion (~$75 million) and ~6.2/6.3 million admissions after four weeks.

Spider-Man, as mentioned above, is showing normal signs of frontloading associated with the MCU, its admissions having fallen to roughly JJK0's level. It'll probably slip 45/50% in its second weekend for around ~¥450-500 million, bringing its two week total perhaps around ¥2.7 billion (~$24 million) and ~1.8 million admissions.  

So JJK0 and Spider-Man will likely be close this weekend, both trying to fend of the new Confidence Man JP movie. Confidence Man JP won Friday, but not convincing enough to guarantee it also wins the weekend. It's also aiming for around ¥400 million or so I suspect in its debut weekend, which could make this weekend a very close and exciting three-way race! (Slight edge to Spider-Man since it has the highest avg. ticket price.)"

• Like 2

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 International Debut

Hong Kong, Taiwan &South Korea : February 2022

USA : March 18, 2022

Mongolia : March 16, 2022

Spoiler

The earliest release date was listed by Miramar Cinemas in 25 February 2021 but was removed due to CoVid-19 cases.

Dates on USA is listed by AMC theatres.

Jujutsu-Kaisen-0-movie-release-date-in-U

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0:

4th Weekend /4th Sun : ¥270M /¥8.65B

Now, it's 64th highest grossing film in Japan &13th highest grossing anime film in Japan!!!! It will surpass Matrix (1999) : ¥8.7B on Monday (if it holds better on Monday)

Trajectory is overlapping with Your Name but will it hold Your Name Gross?!

20220116-220941.jpg

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Knock It Off 1

@fabiopazzo2, NWH dropped to third. 2nd Weekend was closed to three films : Confidence JP &Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 (including itself). I haven't heard of it's Overseas dropping to 3rd instead of 2nd. But, yes, No Way Home made a record here by dropping to third. Overall, Weekend drop is steeper than 45%, &I think it's the first time after huge opening, a CBM dropped to third. (In compare to Infinity War &Endgame)

• Astonished 1

WK: Jan 15-16, 2022 (Sat-Sun)

Rankings based on WK attendees

1️⃣ Confidence Man JP Hero 🆕

2️⃣ Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 (4th WK /P.W. : 2nd)

3️⃣ Spiderman: No Way Home (2nd WK /P.W. : 1st)

4️⃣ 99.9: Criminal Lawyer (3rd WK /P.W. : 3rd)

5️⃣ House of Gucci 🆕

6️⃣ Cry Macho 🆕

7️⃣ Your Turn To Die (6th WK /P.W. : 5th)

8️⃣ Boss Baby 2: Family Business (5th WK /P.W. : 4th)

9️⃣ King'smen (4th WK /P.W. : 6th)

🔟 Matrix Resurrection (5th WK /P.W. : 7th)

P.W. : Previous Weekend Rank

Note: Only Weekend Ranks are out.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 2

Studio Numbers:

WK Reports

1️⃣ Confidence Man JP Hero : ¥471M /331K attendees

2️⃣ Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 : ¥454M /322K attendees

3️⃣ Spiderman: No Way Home : ¥426M /272K attendees

Total

Confidence Man JP Hero : ¥590M /417K attendees

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 : ¥8.57B /6.28M attendees (actuals reported above)

Spiderman: No Way Home : ¥2.5B /1.67M attendees

99.9: Criminal Lawyer : ¥2.1B /1.64M attendees

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@Issac Newton you were overexaggerating NWH number expectations pre release and now overreacting to its trend post release. Drops are perfectly normal and is trending as it should.

Nope, I had expections like ¥10B when Overseas pre-sales were breaking. After, Pre-sales started, Mid-night previews weren't up to the mark I expect. I was expecting ¥2.0B in 4-days Weekend. Then I got ¥1.7B in 4-days, but actual came ¥1.62B. Other than that I didn't expect that it would drop to 3rd. (I was expecting JJK Movie 0 to win this weekend, followed by NWH while Confidence Man JP Hero at Third)

Nevermind, I like NWH a lottttttt. If my behavior or usages of words are rude or annoying, then, I would like to apologise you. I hope you would forgive me for my behavior.