Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

On 10/19/2023 at 1:15 PM, Issac Newton said:

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

Exceeded ¥14.0B on Wednesday! Total Until 10/18 (WED) - ¥14,000,490,640 / 9,841,933 admits!

-- 2nd Biggest Imported Animation!

-- All-Time 12th Biggest Animated Film!

-- All-Time 17th Highest Grossing Film!

On 10/19/2023 at 1:18 PM, Issac Newton said:

Some Theatres will continue after 10/20! due to demand!

Wow, fantastic news! 

17 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well maybe Mario didn’t live up to my lofty 20bY+ predictions, but I think it did way better than nearly anyone else here was predicting pre-release

here I think we underpredcted a bit. Over on reddit it was a whole different story. There was a poll where the highest chosen option was it outgrossing Demon Slayer, and over half thought 200m+ was guaranteed.

• Astonished 1

Still think my "7-8b with a shot at 10b+" was pretty fair even if it outperformed expectations in the end (in fairness, a few price increases I couldn't have predicted and generally higher atp than I expected did help out a bunch, but credit where credit's due)

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

here I think we underpredcted a bit. Over on reddit it was a whole different story. There was a poll where the highest chosen option was it outgrossing Demon Slayer, and over half thought 200m+ was guaranteed.

don't think people who missed the run can understand the sheer dominance of that record - at this point, really doubting 40b is ever falling, and a lot other records it holds will probably never change hands either

Edited by JustLurking

52 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Don't think I've ever seen a movie hit with more of a perfect storm than Demon Slayer. Theaters are crying out for movies, the property is unbelievably hot after the manga ended, the TV season was a big hit. Those conditions will likely never be repeated at the same time

I still can't believe there isn't a new movie announced. It's been almost 3 years after and the closest has been a recap movie which still did very well.

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

I still can't believe there isn't a new movie announced. It's been almost 3 years after and the closest has been a recap movie which still did very well.

The final arc is leaked to be "several" films, can't recall if trilogy was confirmed right now but it's very likely.

Edited by JustLurking

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The final arc is leaked to be "several" films, can't recall if trilogy was confirmed right now but it's very likely.

I'd guess the first one would be a 2026 release if the 4th season releases next year, but it's possible that some of the fanbase might move on after 6 years between 2 movies. It's also possible that I don't fully understand how the fanbase functions.