Neo

Gods of Egypt | Feb 26, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

4 hours ago, baumer said:

So are there billions of people that are pissed off because Jesus is white?

Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Bethlehem is in Asia, China is in Asia... so Jesus was Chinese....there are billions of them.  :D:D:D

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Ah repentance casting ... that s great.

Hope the filmmakers wii receive 100 whiplashes on front of the common plebs at the Agora.

Next : Martin Scorcese. A despicable man who repeat title to nothing.

Everytime someone does a shit movie, we should get a public apology though...

Like it's my fault i didn't see that my movie was that bad before, sorry i gave it to cinemas and made you watch it.

That's fair.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/gods-of-egypt-studio-and-1311241228304438.html

Gods of Egypt director Alex Proyas apologized for casting mostly white actors in his upcoming film based on Egyptian mythology.

The filmmaker and studio Lionsgate issued separate statements on Friday acknowledging the controversy sparked by the release of the film’s first trailer two weeks ago, featuring a cast led by Scottish actor Gerard Butler and Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Australian director Proyas, who was born in Egypt, said it is clear that their casting choices should have been more diverse.

Lionsgate also said they are deeply committed to making films that reflect the diversity of their audiences and pledged to do better.

Gods of Egypt also stars actor Chadwick Boseman, an African American, and actress Elodie Yung, who is French-Cambodian.

“We recognize that it is our responsibility to help ensure that casting decisions reflect the diversity and culture of the time periods portrayed,” read Lionsgate’s statement, first reported by Forbes. “In this instance we failed to live up to our own standards of sensitivity and diversity.”

This self-aware response, issued well in advance of the film’s Feb. 26 release, comes on the heels of recent whitewashing controversies surrounding films like Exodus: Gods and Kings, and Aloha.

Selma director Ava DuVernay took note of the anomaly on Twitter.

“This kind of apology never happens — for something that happens all the time,” wrote DuVernay on Friday. “An unusual occurrence worth noting.”

Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and King, which featured Christian Bale as Moses and Joel Edgerton as Ramses, was criticized last year for its predominantly white cast.

Director Ridley Scott brushed off condemnations at the time, blaming the model of financing Hollywood movies for his choices. He told trade publication Variety that he would not be able to get the film financed by casting “Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such.”

“It’s always art against economics,” Scott told The Associated Press last December. “As soon as you’re at the higher levels of budgeting, you’ve got to get the film made and the only way to support the film is to have actors who can support the budget.”

Earlier this year, Cameron Crowe’s romantic dramedy Aloha drew similar public disapprovals for casting Emma Stone as a character who is supposed to be of Chinese, Hawaiian and Swedish descent.

15 hours ago, Klingo said:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/gods-of-egypt-studio-and-1311241228304438.html

Gods of Egypt director Alex Proyas apologized for casting mostly white actors in his upcoming film based on Egyptian mythology.

The filmmaker and studio Lionsgate issued separate statements on Friday acknowledging the controversy sparked by the release of the film’s first trailer two weeks ago, featuring a cast led by Scottish actor Gerard Butler and Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Australian director Proyas, who was born in Egypt, said it is clear that their casting choices should have been more diverse.

Lionsgate also said they are deeply committed to making films that reflect the diversity of their audiences and pledged to do better.

Gods of Egypt also stars actor Chadwick Boseman, an African American, and actress Elodie Yung, who is French-Cambodian.

“We recognize that it is our responsibility to help ensure that casting decisions reflect the diversity and culture of the time periods portrayed,” read Lionsgate’s statement, first reported by Forbes. “In this instance we failed to live up to our own standards of sensitivity and diversity.”

This self-aware response, issued well in advance of the film’s Feb. 26 release, comes on the heels of recent whitewashing controversies surrounding films like Exodus: Gods and Kings, and Aloha.

Selma director Ava DuVernay took note of the anomaly on Twitter.

“This kind of apology never happens — for something that happens all the time,” wrote DuVernay on Friday. “An unusual occurrence worth noting.”

Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and King, which featured Christian Bale as Moses and Joel Edgerton as Ramses, was criticized last year for its predominantly white cast.

Director Ridley Scott brushed off condemnations at the time, blaming the model of financing Hollywood movies for his choices. He told trade publication Variety that he would not be able to get the film financed by casting “Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such.”

“It’s always art against economics,” Scott told The Associated Press last December. “As soon as you’re at the higher levels of budgeting, you’ve got to get the film made and the only way to support the film is to have actors who can support the budget.”

Earlier this year, Cameron Crowe’s romantic dramedy Aloha drew similar public disapprovals for casting Emma Stone as a character who is supposed to be of Chinese, Hawaiian and Swedish descent.

I'm pissed because the Egyptian Gods are not being properly portrayed with the heads of Animals......

I know all the backlash this movie got, people didn't like it at all and most don't even care

I said i wouldn't bother again...but i recently watched those old Proyas' film, and there is still some fangirl on me.

I don't have any hope for this movie anymore though....

So he posted on his fb accounts some concept art of the movie, and his opinion..

here is his account if you want to see more art...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010704046009&fref=ts

THOSE CHARACTER POSTERS...
...were an embarrassment. They managed to make the colors of the movie look unbelievably gaudy and tacky. Trust me, the movie will look nothing like that. So please ignore until the new posters come out -- any day now. New ones look a lot better and are a much better indication of what to expect, as is all the art I have been posting here. If you don't know what I am talking about re "character posters" that's good -- I hope you never do. 
He also said that the film is not set in Ancient Egypt at all. 

Horus prepares to fly to the sun to seek help from his grandfather -- the sun god, RA.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12359949_138140619886072_8279529295753204228_n.jpg?oh=ca8c84dbd0e1c7827406ca0dcecfdaf9&oe=56E87384

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=138339866532814&set=a.135157180184416.1073741828.100010704046009&type=3&theater

• Like 2

I'm optimistic about this movie. Proyas has a knack for making rewatchable and very entertaining movies. I saw I,Robot more times than I can count. Not sure if I want to watch Gods in a theatre, but at home absolutely.

Edited by portgas
  • Like 1

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Same here. I know it will be a bad movie, but loads of fun one nevertheless.

Apparently, according to Alex Proyas, a new trailer is coming out with star wars. Probably one of many trailers that will hit next week and hope that theatre owners attach them to Star Wars.

Hence why I am watching Star Wars later in the weekend.  Instead of Thurs.  Afraid they might not show the new trailers. 

13 minutes ago, Klingo said:

Hence why I am watching Star Wars later in the weekend.  Instead of Thurs.  Afraid they might not show the new trailers. 

Many of the trailers coming out in the next two weeks won't be attached to Star Wars unless they have booked a spot. That's why I will be watching them all online.

Star wars doesn't release here until 25th December and we get maximum 2 trailers. Most likely will be Jungle Book and Civil War.

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

link?

Literally a few posts above you but here we go: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010704046009

THOSE CHARACTER POSTERS...
...were an embarrassment. They managed to make the colors of the movie look unbelievably gaudy and tacky. Trust me, the movie will look nothing like that. So please ignore until the new posters come out -- any day now. New ones look a lot better and are a much better indication of what to expect, as is all the art I have been posting here. If you don't know what I am talking about re "character posters" that's good -- I hope you never do.

FIRST MOVIE TRAILERS
First trailers are hard. I don't think I've liked many of the first trailers which have been cut for my movies. They often give the wrong impression as the movie is still being made. SECOND TRAILERS are always much better. We go out with a new trailer attached to the STAR WARS movie (along with every other movie trailer). It follows tradition -- think this one is pretty good. Make sure you look out for it in a couple of weeks time.

• Like 2

New trailer in next 48 or so hours.

More from Proyas:

THE GODS ARE TALL (in the movie)

Like, real tall. In GODS OF EGYPT they stand about nine feet tall if you are into the imperial system. In Australia that is about 3 meters I think -- who the hell knows? Like most Aussies, I never quite worked standing height out in metric. Australians are good with length in meters but ask someone how tall they are and they will tell you in feet and inches. It is kind of strange. Then when the Gods transform they become even taller, maybe twelve feet or something like that. This is because they are NOT HUMANS. They are GODS i.e. fictional beings so they can do anything and look like anything.

Sustaining this concept for an entire movie was frankly a complete pain in the arse. I described it as doing a "reverse hobbit" i.e. all the mortals are normal height but HORUS, SET, THOTH, ANUBIS, HATHOR are very tall and otherworldly. And RA? Well don't get me started... We used an assorted number of techniques, some quite simple and "traditional" namely forced perspective,often shooting with two cameras side by side, other techniques involved the dreaded "motion control" which I hate using as it is kind of like watching paint dry. But the results are pretty spectacular if I might say so. And I am not easily impressed.

The REASON the Gods are tall in my movie is I got the idea from looking at hieroglyphics -- I noticed important people like Kings and Gods were depicted as larger and I thought wouldn't it be fun to actually do that? This is not to be confused with "authenticity" which as I've stated before I couldn't care less about.[/quote]

If you haven't friended him on FB you should, guy's literally accepting everyone. And it won't be too long before Lionsgate's lions (har har :P) tell him to make it private (he's already had to delete that post trashing the posters I see)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2015, 1:34:48, antovolk said:

Literally a few posts above you but here we go: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010704046009

lol another trailer with Star Wars! So right now we have 

Captain America 3

Batman v. Superman

X-Men

TMNT 2

Independence day 2

Fantastic Beast 

Tarzan

Star Trek 

and isn't there suppose to be another Jungle Book trailer? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

lol another trailer with Star Wars! So right now we have 

Captain America 3

Batman v. Superman

X-Men

TMNT 2

Independence day 2

Fantastic Beast 

Tarzan

Star Trek 

and isn't there suppose to be another Jungle Book trailer? 

Nope. Add Zootopia and BFG (these two along with CW and Finest Hours are Disney's requested trailers). Also Deadpool exclusive in IMAX.

• Like 2