MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

Even if you adjusted for inflation you'd be hard pressed to find an actor with bigger consecutive bombs in such a short period.

Anyone know what damage Kevin Costner caused with Waterworld and The Postmen adjusted? He was king of the bombs during the 90s.

I don't care whether it was a masterpiece or a total misfire. I want the filmmakers to be able to own their work, and I don't see how Bruckheimer's influence could've improved the film in any way.

Don't know about the Bruckheimer part, but I do think that it is a myth that complete budgetary and creative freedom=masterpiece. Take the new Star Wars movies. Lucas essentially did exactly what he wanted to do without interference and look how they turned out. Someone needed to step in and tell him that what he was making was crap. The tension between patron and artist has always been around and will probably always be around. I don't know what the balance is, but I think giving a director 100% control with no accountability may be good in some cases, but is by no means the ideal situation for every movie production.

That is fucking awful for Battleship. Can't believe America just didn't care. What to Expect also disappointed, but the budget is 50M so they will be fine after every dollar WW is counted. Good for The Dictator. About 25M in 5 days, but it is overperforming OS big time. Another win for SBC.

Don't know about the Bruckheimer part, but I do think that it is a myth that complete budgetary and creative freedom=masterpiece. Take the new Star Wars movies. Lucas essentially did exactly what he wanted to do without interference and look how they turned out. Someone needed to step in and tell him that what he was making was crap. The tension between patron and artist has always been around and will probably always be around. I don't know what the balance is, but I think giving a director 100% control with no accountability may be good in some cases, but is by no means the ideal situation for every movie production.

And I'm sure Stanton will be on a much tighter leash for whatever his next non-Pixar movie is. But this was his passion project. I wouldn't want to see him make anything but the film he wanted to make.

A very sad year for him. It was supposed to be the big year of his life and ended up being a nightmare.

There are many other people who deserve your sympathies more than Taylor.Kitsch is still good looking, famous, and financially secure.He just won't be getting any A-list roles or paydays any time soon. Boo hoo.
  • Like 2

If someone had the guts to tell Lucas he couldn't write dialogue to save his life things might have turned out better for those three prequals...or worse for whomever stood up to him.

It was probably the last time we saw anything related to Hasbro with a 170M+ budget not named GI Joe or Transformers.

My Little Pony cancelled?!?!? :o
  • Like 1

It was probably the last time we saw anything related to Hasbro with a 170M+ budget not named GI Joe or Transformers.

I guess that means no big budget reboot of Dungeons & Dragons or an adaption of Magic: The Gathering.BTW, a little side trivia: Hasbro bought Wizards of the Coast in 1999, which means that the absolutely horrid Dungeons and Dragons in 2000 was essentially a Hasbro film. So Transformers was not the first Hasbro film and GI Joe was not the first Hasbro film featuring Marlon Wayans. ;)

Im watching JC right now. Its a struggle. Too many stupid names, boring 'action', weak acting and a fairly pointless story that makes little sense and gives me no reason to care. Im half way through and dont know who anyone is and why i should care about who they are.

• Like 1