MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

So, basically, TA is gonna keep going up with each new update while BS will keep going down. I wish B would have put in a question about the gap between those two, it would have been nearly as easy as the O/U 47m question. ;)

So, basically, TA is gonna keep going up with each new update while BS will keep going down. I wish B would have put in a question about the gap between those two, it would have been nearly as easy as the O/U 47m question. ;)

I think I looked and only 1 person answered yes on that $47m question. :lol: Have no clue why B set the benchmark that high, it's been clear for some time it was coming no where near that.

Legs will be worse than JC with the crowded June coming up. I'm going with a 1.9 multi.

Yeah, this is going to steal John Carter's thunder as the big bomb of the year.I hope the Battleship thread continues to get bumped for no good reason more than two months after its release too.
  • Like 2

Yeah, this is going to steal John Carter's thunder as the big bomb of the year.I hope the Battleship thread continues to get bumped for no good reason more than two months after its release too.

:lol:I hope it does! I'd much rather the bomb of the year title go to the crappier movie of the two. And the one that has Rihanna. `
  • Like 1

:lol:I hope it does! I'd much rather the bomb of the year title go to the crappier movie of the two. And the one that has Rihanna. `

My choice is the one with Taylor Kitsch.
  • Like 3

My choice is the one with Taylor Kitsch.

Savages has a smaller budget so technically it won't be as big a bomb as John Carter or Battleship. But I agree that it will bomb

Savages has a smaller budget so technically it won't be as big a bomb as John Carter or Battleship. But I agree that it will bomb

Poor Kitsch can never catch a break.

Kitsch is fine as an actor but considering there are a million other struggling actors out there who could probably act just as well or better than him I don't really feel bad for him that he can't seem to make it. He can always fall back on his looks if the acting biz doesn't work out.

So lets point out again...

RS had BS at 50 mill this weekend

MTC had around mid 20´s

Can we learn something from this

RS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are worthless

• Like 1

So lets point out again...

RS had BS at 50 mill this weekend

MTC had around mid 20´s

Can we learn something from this

RS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are worthless

It just proves yet again the rule continues to work 95% of the time, the major exceptions being with the huge $140m+ openers like TA. Edited by MovieMan89

It's weird how Hollywood picks unheard of actors and then puts them as the lead in various big-budget blockbusters all at once. Why don't you at least wait to see how he performs at the box office first? Taylor Kitsch is one example, Sam Worthington is another.

• Like 1

RS had Battleship tracking at mid 70s three-four weeks ago but I will say that RS has done better recently. Their TA numbers(160s) were actually closer to industry insider tracking numbers as reported by Nikki.

I've been saying "tracking, schmacking" for years...sometimes they get it right, but most of the time, they just steer you in the wrong direction. Even though I can be monumentally wrong at times, I will always trust my instincts over tracking since they work more often than not..

It's weird how Hollywood picks unheard of actors and then puts them as the lead in various big-budget blockbusters all at once. Why don't you at least wait to see how he performs at the box office first? Taylor Kitsch is one example, Sam Worthington is another.

Cost-cutting. If studios think that their product will sell itself then they go with unknown or little known actors. It worked with movies like Avatar and Transformers.

This star manufacturing thing really got kick started with Colin Farrell in the early 2000s. Out of nowhere he was in all the big movies, with ginormous directors. Spielberg, Stone, Malick, Mann. But, he's still looking for a film that takes off just because he's in it. Maybe Total Recall? Nahhhhh.
  • Like 1

Cost-cutting. If studios think that their product will sell itself then they go with unknown or little known actors. It worked with movies like Avatar and Transformers.

Avatar had James Cameron, Transformers had Transformers. What did John Carter or Battleship have?