MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

LOL now the march to $500m. How close will it be by next weekend?

LOL now the march to $500m. How close will it be by next weekend?

It will hit 500M on Memorial Day or the day before that.

Excellent number for TA.I have a question for you guys related to theater count. Given the relative surprise performance of TA, what danger does the film have in getting theater drops that hamper it's legs in coming weeks? In looking at Spiderman, it was still doing quite well (actually very close to TDK for later weekends), but then theater drops just killed it's numbers. Are there particular committments past 2 weeks that necessitate these drops given the volume/scale of movies that will be hitting in early summer?Seems like a particular danger of releasing in the may window that's somewhat unique. You get the advantage of the early jump on summer including memorial day, but then pay for it on the tail end. Not that ~most movies need to be concerned about that. In particular it seems that Avatar, Titanic, and TDK all benefited from windows where they could keep substantial theater counts well after release.

Excellent number for TA.I have a question for you guys related to theater count. Given the relative surprise performance of TA, what danger does the film have in getting theater drops that hamper it's legs in coming weeks? In looking at Spiderman, it was still doing quite well (actually very close to TDK for later weekends), but then theater drops just killed it's numbers. Are there particular committments past 2 weeks that necessitate these drops given the volume/scale of movies that will be hitting in early summer?Seems like a particular danger of releasing in the may window that's somewhat unique. You get the advantage of the early jump on summer including memorial day, but then pay for it on the tail end. Not that ~most movies need to be concerned about that. In particular it seems that Avatar, Titanic, and TDK all benefited from windows where they could keep substantial theater counts well after release.

Films can never drop theaters before 2 weeks. There is always a two week agreement. Some films will make theater owners keep them in there longer, but that's usually reserved for tentpoles.TA will EVENTUALLY drop screens and theater counts, but there is no set time to do so. Theater owners can keep it playing on however many screens they want to. And if the film is your number one film, why would you drop it?Now as the summer roles on, the demand will obviously subside and that's when the theater count will decrease.

Nope, there were Sundays. I'm one of them.

Sorry, I corrected that to :almost" I think you and AA are the only Sunday guys.

yeah, next Saturday or Sunday. Sunday is more possible for me.

Yea, it's going to be very close.459 mill (Sunday is about 17 mill)Mon: 6.1 (-64%..Canadian holiday)Tues: 4.7 (-24%)Wed: 3.95 (-15%)Thurs: 3.55 (-11%)Fri: 8.9 (+150%)Sat: 13.67 (+52%) 500 millSun: 13.0

Yea, it's going to be very close.459 mill (Sunday is about 17 mill)Mon: 6.1 (-64%..Canadian holiday)Tues: 4.7 (-24%)Wed: 3.95 (-15%)Thurs: 3.55 (-11%)Fri: 8.9 (+150%)Sat: 13.67 (+52%) 500 millSun: 13.0

agreed

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice

With $457M, THE AVENGERS is officially Disney's highest grossing domestic hit keelhauling PotC: DEAD MAN'S CHEST's booty of $423.3M

typo?

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice

With $457M, THE AVENGERS is officially Disney's highest grossing domestic hit keelhauling PotC: DEAD MAN'S CHEST's booty of $423.3M

typo?

Maybe a $55m weekend estimate now?