Heretic

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Vs The Avengers

DH2 Vs Avengers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Deathly Hallows 2 or The Avengers?

• Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • The Avengers

Wtf, how is TA winning? It's a decent crowd pleaser but come on! A few years from now nobody will remember this film...it's run is reminding me a lot of Shrek 2. It's going to make nearly as much as titanic in the USA....so undeserving.

Posted Image

People will remember it, and a lot of future blockbusters will be compared to it, but it won't really be remembered as a great film. It will be remembered as crowd pleaser that caught fire at the time and made way more money than it should of....kind of like shrek 2. That's all I'm saying....
  • Like 2

People will remember it, and a lot of future blockbusters will be compared to it, but it won't really be remembered as a great film. It will be remembered as crowd pleaser that caught fire at the time and made way more money than it should of....kind of like shrek 2. That's all I'm saying....

Do you think DH2 will be remember as a masterpiece? Its not even the best of the series. POA/DH1 surpass it.

Wtf, how is TA winning? It's a decent crowd pleaser but come on! A few years from now nobody will remember this film...it's run is reminding me a lot of Shrek 2. It's going to make nearly as much as titanic in the USA....so undeserving.

Funny, that's how millions...AND MILLIONS of people feel about Potter.
  • Like 2

Funny, that's how millions...AND MILLIONS of people feel about Potter.

So you think hp will be forgotten about within a few years and that its success wasn't deserved? If it was one film, I could see your point, but it's not; the harry potter series has made nearly 8b worldwide and it is the most successful film franchise in history. That is a HUUGE box office accomplishment. Even ten years after the original came out the last film managed to make over 1.3b worldwide. The quality of these films aren't exceptionally noteworthy but neither is the avengers....it's simply another superhero movie, like spiderman and iron man were. It's much more forgettable than the dark knight and will sell far less tickets than that film.Harry Potter is the most successful book series of all time and the most successful movie series of all time. The avengers is just another superhero movie. But DH2 and the TA are about equal in overall quality and bo success if we just compare the two films.....both are in the 90's on RT and both will have a ww bo total of about 1.3 - 1.4b..... Edited by Mr Potter

I find nothing really wrong with The Avengers - I quite enjoyed it, but it's only so deep, and superheroes only capture my immagination to a certain point.The Potter flicks are, for a lack of a better term, much more "magical". They pull me in, in a way I've not been pulled in since Star Wars (the original trilogy).Being a fan of the HP books, and not a comic reader, I was probably quite biased towards this outcome.I surely can't tell anyone they are wrong for liking The Avengers more than DH2. But DH2 moved me much more, and to me, that's what makes it the better film.

So you think hp will be forgotten about within a few years and that its success wasn't deserved? If it was one film, I could see your point, but it's not; the harry potter series has made nearly 8b worldwide and it is the most successful film franchise in history. That is a HUUGE box office accomplishment. Even ten years after the original came out the last film managed to make over 1.3b worldwide. The quality of these films aren't exceptionally noteworthy but neither is the avengers....it's simply another superhero movie, like spiderman and iron man were. It's much more forgettable than the dark knight and will sell far less tickets than that film.Harry Potter is the most successful book series of all time and the most successful movie series of all time. The avengers is just another superhero movie. But DH2 and the TA are about equal in overall quality and bo success if we just compare the two films.....both are in the 90's on RT and both will have a ww bo total of about 1.3 - 1.4b.....

Oh please, the Harry potter franchise has been on a downward trend admission wise since the first film. DH2 only hit 1.3b because of expanding markets and 3D. The avengers won't be forgotten just like Spider-man. TA is the first of its kind and your wrong, it will sell more tickets than TDK, that's practically locked. The Harry potter box office success is undeserved, it's just riding of the success of the books and Baumer is right, millions think it. With the amount of books potter has sold you'd expect the films to have higher grosses, but obviously there are a lot of people out there that also think the films suck compared to the books. Yes Harry potter is the most successful film franchise, but that's simply because the story doesn't fucking end, it takes 8 films to kill voldemort which lets face it, after such a build up, his death was underwhelming. In terms of popularity, LOTR, pirates and soon to be The Avengers and avatar series are more popular. Just wait till Decemeber and witness a LOTR spinoff slaughter the great Harry Potter finale.
  • Like 1

So you think hp will be forgotten about within a few years and that its success wasn't deserved? If it was one film, I could see your point, but it's not; the harry potter series has made nearly 8b worldwide and it is the most successful film franchise in history. That is a HUUGE box office accomplishment. Even ten years after the original came out the last film managed to make over 1.3b worldwide. The quality of these films aren't exceptionally noteworthy but neither is the avengers....it's simply another superhero movie, like spiderman and iron man were. It's much more forgettable than the dark knight and will sell far less tickets than that film.Harry Potter is the most successful book series of all time and the most successful movie series of all time. The avengers is just another superhero movie. But DH2 and the TA are about equal in overall quality and bo success if we just compare the two films.....both are in the 90's on RT and both will have a ww bo total of about 1.3 - 1.4b.....

All you hardcore Potter loonies are cut from the same cloth. Once someone, anyone tells you there is one movie or dozen movies that are better than your precious, you draft some long ass meaningless post and dazzle us with stats for the films and the books and how much people love them and how poignant and brilliant and emotional they are. And all of that may be true...FOR YOU GUYS. But there are millions of people who don't share your passion. Get over it. Voldemort is a terrible villainHarry is nothing specialDumbledore ends up being a disappointment Potter copies the SW story and that's why it's successful.These are my opinions and nothing you can say is going to change that.TA imo is miles better than Potter.
  • Like 1

Who said we wanted to change an opinion of a fat hobbit who incessantly hates on everything Potter (even the ones he likes) when it's being compared to a film he enjoys more? Honestly, you're just like Kal. Anyway. Look at the admissions drop from TPM to AoTC/RoTS in overseas and domestic markets.

If you want to open a SW bashing thread Noctis go ahead, but since this is about Potter vs TA, let's just stick to why Potter sucks and TA rules.