Heretic

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Vs The Avengers

DH2 Vs Avengers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Deathly Hallows 2 or The Avengers?

• Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • The Avengers

Which of these last two record-breaking films do you prefer? Rate both, and describe what you liked or disliked about them.

For me, this is easy. DH2.

I re-watched it just now, and I LOVED it. Much more than I had done in the past. Prior to this viewing, I had many, many problems with the film, but I've come to accept some of the these now, while many of them have just disappeared. Also, The Prince's Tale is without doubt the most incredible scene from the entire series. I forgot how amazing it was. The score is strong, the action is brilliantly directed, so, all in all, it makes a fully satisfying finale.

I dislike the pacing in the last 20 minutes or so of DH2 though. It jumps around a lot, and seems rushed at times. I also hate those stupid applause's in the great Hall when McGonagall beats Snape, and then sends Slytherin to the Dungeons. It's unnecessary. Also, the wand catch at the end is so cliche. But these are just little annoyances.

Now The Avengers. Very, very entertaining film, probably my favourite Marvel film, or second to Iron Man, but I feel it is a tad over-rated by some. Loved the action sequences of course, the special effects, and the humor, but the story was a bit lacking, and the score was VERY underwhelming for a film of such scope.

So, which is your favourite?

Deathly Hallows Part 2, easily.DH2 is a much stronger film. The story is much more engaging, it's more beautiful to look at, and the score is wonderful. Unlike The Avengers, the action in DH2 doesn't bore because it doesn't overstay its welcome. The music and visuals blend in together perfectly (summoning the statues and creating the protective forcefield). It has its faults, obviously. The Molly/Bella battle was very underwhelming, but despite that, it is an otherwise incredibly satisfying finale. The acting was great, and the humor was enjoyable ("I've always wanted to use that spell!"). I cared a great deal about the characters.Avengers...great special effects, great character interaction, great humor, but the action could get ridiculously overlong, and I felt that the characters didn't sacrifice nearly as much as they should have. I enjoyed watching them, but I didn't have any emotional investment towards them (except the last bit where IM is in space).Really easy. DH2 is also one of those films that gets better with repeat viewings.

Edited by Noctis

DH2. The middle part of the film is just perfect. Going back and forth through the force field, the destruction of it, McGonagall casting the spell to set the statues into the battlefield, courtyard apocalypse scene, Snape's death, Voldemort's speeches to Hogwarts and Harry, The Prince's Tale, the Resurrection Stone scene. I had chills for almost the entire middle section. Now, the first 30 minutes feel alot like DH1 and doesn't work as well if you don't watch DH2 directly after DH1. The last half an hour has some problems too, particually trying to fit too many characters having epic scenes in at once. In the theatre at midnight it worked very well because the audience would cheer like crazy, but watching it at home, it feels like it tries to impress the audience too much and is slightly distracting.Avengers was amazing, but it was a bit too long and I didn't care for the characters much, though they were handled well. Not to mention, it's hard to keep track of what's going on in the last 40 minutes or so. Humor is very good though, and so is the writing. If there was one thing it really needed it was a more developed storyline.The Avengers is still a terrific movie, but DH2 wins this one.

I thought you liked Potter. Elaborate?

I love Potter series but dislike DH2. DH1/POA are great in my book. I had an emotional connection to both of them compared to DH2. Which felt hollow with very little emotional attachment.With TA, I felt like a little kid watching it. It felt like a comic book had come to life. Better poll choice would have been POA vs TA or DH1 vs TA. In those 2 question, I am not sure who would I have voted for.