Heretic

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Vs The Avengers

DH2 Vs Avengers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Deathly Hallows 2 or The Avengers?

• Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • The Avengers

The avengers has one sole purpose, to entertain in which it easily succeeds. Potter tries to be emotionally engaging in which it fails, unless your very simple minded, which most 14 year old girls are.

Screw you lol. Potter isn't Twilight.

Can can be entertaining at times. But it's kind of like watching an episode of those hicks who hunt squirrels on A&E, it's a time passer, something to do when there is nothing else to do.

Can can be entertaining at times. But it's kind of like watching an episode of those hicks who hunt squirrels on A&E, it's a time passer, something to do when there is nothing else to do.

I'd rather have a wank

All you hardcore Potter loonies are cut from the same cloth. Once someone, anyone tells you there is one movie or dozen movies that are better than your precious, you draft some long ass meaningless post and dazzle us with stats for the films and the books and how much people love them and how poignant and brilliant and emotional they are. And all of that may be true...FOR YOU GUYS. But there are millions of people who don't share your passion. Get over it. Voldemort is a terrible villainHarry is nothing specialDumbledore ends up being a disappointmentPotter copies the SW story and that's why it's successful.These are my opinions and nothing you can say is going to change that.TA imo is miles better than Potter.

When did i go on a rant about how emotional and poignant the harry potter films were? I said they weren't exceptionally noteworthy and admitted the quality of DH2 was on par with TA. And I don't think mentioning important stats about Potter makes my post meaningless. Who cares if the series was on a downward trend. You guys think TA 8 would end up making 1.3b ww? No it wouldn't, because the quality of the films would decline, and the only people who would give a shit about the sequals would be die hard super hero fans. HBP made 300M dom and that was coming off just the hp fanbase....not general audiences. Take away TA's general audience and i'm sure its core fanbase wouldn't have been able to get the film past 200M.Also, Jessie, in the USA TDK adjusts to 590M. TA might be able to match it but I think we all know which film sold more tickets. WW they'll be about even.... Edited by Mr Potter

I'm not talking any shit about Potter's box office. It is a freak of nature and even though it declined in the US until the last one, internationally it was a beast time and time again. Loonies love their Potter movies. I'm just simply stating that there are many many people who don't like the films either. And since this is a thread about what each person feels is a better film, not a series that hasn't been made yet vs one that just ended (thank god), then I'll just stick to TA vs HP7.5. And the verdict is that TA is much better imo. Funnier, better written, better dynamic, no lulls, fantastic banter between characters and a director's touch to make it close to perfect. P.7.5 doesn't have much of that imo.

I'm not talking any shit about Potter's box office. It is a freak of nature and even though it declined in the US until the last one, internationally it was a beast time and time again. Loonies love their Potter movies. I'm just simply stating that there are many many people who don't like the films either. And since this is a thread about what each person feels is a better film, not a series that hasn't been made yet vs one that just ended (thank god), then I'll just stick to TA vs HP7.5. And the verdict is that TA is much better imo. Funnier, better written, better dynamic, no lulls, fantastic banter between characters and a director's touch to make it close to perfect. P.7.5 doesn't have much of that imo.

Of course there are many people who don't like Potter. The same can be said for any franchise. Who's disputing that?

Take away TA's general audience and i'm sure it's core fanbase wouldn't have been able to get the film past 200M.

Also, Jessie, in the USA TDK adjusts to 590M. TA might be able to match it but I think we all know which film sold more tickets.

Take away Potters general audience and it wouldn't have reached 169M OW. Seriously, you can use that excuse for literally every record breaker. Also, if you haven't been keeping track, The Avengers will fly past 600M at the pace it's going. So I fail to see how TDK ticket sales blows TA's away.
  • Like 1

Avatar flew past 600m. Avengers isn't flying past 600m. It'll conk out at 610-620 or so. TDK adjusts to 590 without 3D so it's fair to say TDK sold 10m or so more tickets. Anyway, Avengers >>> DH2 any day of the week.

You're probably not going to last long here.

I don't care personally. I don't report people for calling me a dumb fuck. I'm a mod so if I want to I could bump his warn level significantly. But I've been called much worse in the last 10 years, so to me I don't care. But I just hope he doesn't do it to others because I know some will report him.