Heretic

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Vs The Avengers

DH2 Vs Avengers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Deathly Hallows 2 or The Avengers?

• Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • The Avengers

I hated the split. DH1+2 in a single movie would have been awesome but WB saw $$$$$.

I highly disagree. The money was certainly part of the reason, but I would have been severely disappointed if they didn't split the book. Sooooo many things would have been left out.Anyway, I voted DH2. I thought Avengers was awesome, but nothing tops Potter. ;)

Hermione's torture made DH1 personal. I wanted Bellatrix dead after that. Nothing in DH2 comes close to that.

How many times have you seen the film (just curious)? But Bellatrix's biggest moment was always going to be in DH1. She was never going to do anything in DH2 that rivaled torturing Hermione and then killing Dobby. Did you find the Prince's Tale hollow? Courtyard Apocalypse? The epilogue (cheesy but highly emotional)?

How many times have you seen the film (just curious)?But Bellatrix's biggest moment was always going to be in DH1. She was never going to do anything in DH2 that rivaled torturing Hermione and then killing Dobby.Did you find the Prince's Tale hollow? Courtyard Apocalypse? The epilogue (cheesy but highly emotional)?

I saw DH2 2 times in theater and I have a Blue ray. DH2 has some great moments no doubt but final battle leaves a sour taste. To me its behind DH1/POA and tied with HBP. I had GOF ahead of DH2 but recently I read GOF and movie has dropped a place to 5th in the pecking order.

Plus Dobby's death at the end of DH1 left me very emotional.

I never expected to feel sad for Dobby, but I did. It was this shot that got me:

Posted Image

But the saddest scene out of the two DH's is in DH2. When Lily tells Harry how much she loves, and when Snape finds her dead body.

I know the rationale behind the thread, but these movies have nothing in common with one another aside from record-breaking opening weekends and being big box office hits, so it seems silly to compare them.But to answer the prompt anyway: Harry Potter gets the edge from me.

Wow. DH2 gets a lot of backlash.From the casual audiences perspective, DH2, I think, was loved. Many fans of the books though have bits and pieces of the film that they didn't like. It's the same for me, but I'd still rank it higher than The Avenger's. There are scenes in the film that the Avengers couldn't touch on an emotional scale.As for DH1, It is far and away the best Potter movie for me, but this isn't about that.

Edited by Heretic

I never expected to feel sad for Dobby, but I did. It was this shot that got me:

Posted Image

But the saddest scene out of the two DH's is in DH2. When Lily tells Harry how much she loves, and when Snape finds her dead body.

Dobby's death is pure emotion for me. He was free but chose to help Harry and in the process died a hero's death. :( :( :(

Wow. DH2 gets a lot of backlash.

From the casual audiences perspective, DH2, I think, was loved. Many fans of the books though have bits and pieces of the film that they didn't like. It's the same for me, but I'd still rank it higher than The Avenger's. There are scenes in the film that the Avengers couldn't touch on an emotional scale.

As for DH1, It is far and away the best Potter movie for me, but this isn't about that.

Lol what?

DH2 definitely had the strongest WOM from casual audiences. I can't even begin to count the amount of friends who weren't fans of Potter but really enjoyed DH2.

I really enjoyed GOF but having not seen it for years and reading Noctis' constant bashing I don't know how much I like it now, lol.Should have a Potter marathon soon and find out. Thank you for bringing it up so often Noctis, lol.Anyway I'm not sure about this recently watched DH2 again, didn't really have the problems I had...oh wait, I didn't even finish it. Stopped it right after King's Cross, that must be why I liked it. Everything after is just sorely disappointing. Saw Avengers as well, kept in mind all the critique here, but I still find it enjoyable to watch. Scarlett's acting is not very good but Ruffalo, RDJ, Hiddleston and Hemsworth are great. Have nuances and character is explored through that. Renner, not much to go on since this is his first film and SLJ kind of sucked. But then, not sure when he's really been good. Autopiloting for a long time now.Anyway, I will give it to the Avengers until further notice.

The Avengers was funny, better acted and entertaining, its all we can expect from a good/awesome blockbuster.but in DH2, I actually cared about the characters, only this cancels all qualities cited above about TA. Heart in a movie is everything to me.DH29.5 ATA7.5/8.0 B/B+

Lol what?DH2 definitely had the strongest WOM from casual audiences. I can't even begin to count the amount of friends who weren't fans of Potter but really enjoyed DH2.

From the die-hard fans mostly. I said It was loved by casual audiences.