Heretic

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Vs The Avengers

DH2 Vs Avengers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Deathly Hallows 2 or The Avengers?

• Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • The Avengers

I'm not talking any shit about Potter's box office. It is a freak of nature and even though it declined in the US until the last one, internationally it was a beast time and time again. Loonies love their Potter movies. I'm just simply stating that there are many many people who don't like the films either. And since this is a thread about what each person feels is a better film, not a series that hasn't been made yet vs one that just ended (thank god), then I'll just stick to TA vs HP7.5. And the verdict is that TA is much better imo. Funnier, better written, better dynamic, no lulls, fantastic banter between characters and a director's touch to make it close to perfect. P.7.5 doesn't have much of that imo.

Ok, fair enough. And sorry I insulted you. I just get a little defensive about Potter....i didn't realize how rude i came across until i reread my post.And Noctis, I include curious moviegoers in my definition of "general audience", and there's very few of those when it comes to potter...with the exception of the first film of course.

Ok, fair enough. And sorry I insulted you. I just get a little defensive about Potter....i didn't realize how rude i came across until i reread my post.And Noctis, I include curious moviegoers in my definition of "general audience", and there's very few of those when it comes to potter...with the exception of the first film of course.

No problem. You're like Noctis light....lol

When did i go on a rant about how emotional and poignant the harry potter films were? I said they weren't exceptionally noteworthy and admitted the quality of DH2 was on par with TA. And I don't think mentioning important stats about Potter makes my post meaningless. Who cares if the series was on a downward trend. You guys think TA 8 would end up making 1.3b ww? No it wouldn't, because the quality of the films would decline, and the only people who would give a shit about the sequals would be die hard super hero fans. HBP made 300M dom and that was coming off just the hp fanbase....not general audiences. Take away TA's general audience and i'm sure its core fanbase wouldn't have been able to get the film past 200M.Also, Jessie, in the USA TDK adjusts to 590M. TA might be able to match it but I think we all know which film sold more tickets. WW they'll be about even....

Uh no. WW avengers will end up selling more tickets, that is a fact. If you disagree with that it just shows your in-denial.

I want to join in but the last 3 years on this site have worn me out, the Potter flame wars last summer were ridiculous, at this point it feels like 'my franchise is better than yours' 'no mine is'I've argued with probably every Potter hater on this site to the point were I can predict what they are going to post before they post it.Good times. I miss Potter :(

• Like 1

Uh no. WW avengers will end up selling more tickets, that is a fact. If you disagree with that it just shows your in-denial.

Difficult to argue, it all depends on which international territories each film excelled in.In the end it will most likely be TA winning that one.

Difficult to argue, it all depends on which international territories each film excelled in.In the end it will most likely be TA winning that one.

But in NA it will sell about 30 million more tickets. That makes it a sure winner WW imo.

Avatar flew past 600m. Avengers isn't flying past 600m. It'll conk out at 610-620 or so. TDK adjusts to 590 without 3D so it's fair to say TDK sold 10m or so more tickets.Anyway, Avengers >>> DH2 any day of the week.

If TA makes 620M than TDK did not sell 10M+ admissions over it. I don't buy that.

Why is this thread about TDK vs TA? It should be about HP and TA. And I have to say this, I love the first HP movie much better than TA. After the first one it has been a downhill for me concerning HP movies.

Repeat viewings is a good way to determine the quality of a film. I cna't watch Potter's (most of them) more than twice. TA I can.

I vote TA for the same reason I voted for ROTS in the other topic. It's a complete movie where you can enjoy the story even if you haven't seen the films preceeding it. The other Marvel movies explain some things in TA, but they're not essential the way the preceeding Potters are to DH II.Aside from that, as good as DH II is, I can't think of anything great about it that doesn't come from the book. The epic story and characters that JK wrote are the reason the film is so satisying. Yate's direction is pedestrian, the acting (aside from the superb Rickman) is just ok and the score (aside from the too little re-use of Williams' theme) is unmemorable. With the Avengers, Whedon and the cast added a lot more than was in the comic. The beautifully shot action and terrific humour and character interaction elevated what could have been just a ho-hum superhero story.