Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

WOM on MIB is "meh". Not bad, but not good either. With so TA still doing good business and so many movies coming out in the next couple of weeks, I feel MIB will fall quickly. I doubt it gets a 3x multiplier off the 3-day.

Movies like Snow White and Prometheus isn't really big competition

Movies like Snow White and Prometheus isn't really big competition

Really? I know it's not Dark Knight-level stuff, but both (particularly Prometheus) have big potential. MIB3 isn't going to have great legs, no matter what the competition is.

Really? I know it's not Dark Knight-level stuff, but both (particularly Prometheus) have big potential. MIB3 isn't going to have great legs, no matter what the competition is.

I am not saying MIB3 will have amazing legs but why are people predicting movies like Snow White and Prometheus to have better chances at succeeding?

Tuesday MIB3 should be around 5.7, TA 3.3, Can mk share goes up a lot on Tues

MIB audience is considerably older. That's the reason it held better than TA.

And TA dropped 33% from last week. Amazing.

summer weekdays. Edited by RTX

Excellent! Thanks rth!Eversince the tuesday after the 3rd wkend, TA's dailies has consistently done 11-15% better than my projections (With the exception of Monday when it only did 1% better). Whereas my old projections put TA at 592M at the end of week 10, its current relative overperformance may point to TA reaching 600M in the middle of the week 8, when TASM debuts :D. That 622M magic number is looking pretty good right now. Although i am crossing my fingers for it to reach as high as the 650M number that a few ppl here have been throwing around hehe.

TDK + was the goal for me.However 600 million should put rest to stupid ideas that this only was big because of 3D.Its following Thor however Thor got destroyed by XFC...So TA looks to fall around 40-50% this weekend.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I am not saying MIB3 will have amazing legs but why are people predicting movies like Snow White and Prometheus to have better chances at succeeding?

Sure, anything can happen but SWATH has better much better buzz IMO.

Many thanks Rth! I had 3.3 pegged for Tuesday albeit from a slightly higher Monday estimate. TA is still tracking with IM2 for the most part. Edited by lilmac