Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

It'll only get worse for Sony in the late summer though: the early word on Total Recall is that it's already crossed $200M in budget!In fact, while they've been reporting that Amazing Spider-Man's budget was kept at a quaint $90M, the REAL budget is being pegged at $220M...no control anymore.

VERY high. They went bonkers with the reshoots and rewritings and delays of this one. The rumored budget is close to $300m, $285m if memory serves me well, way bigger than The Avengers. And we're not talking about marketing here.

Unreal. Someone needs to talk some sense into these executives. How the hell do you let that kind of thing get so out of control?

It'll only get worse for Sony in the late summer though: the early word on Total Recall is that it's already crossed $200M in budget!In fact, while they've been reporting that Amazing Spider-Man's budget was kept at a quaint $90M, the REAL budget is being pegged at $220M...no control anymore.

Total Recall is a head scratcher. At least they have overseas market to bail out Spiderman just in case it disappoints domestically.

Unreal. Someone needs to talk some sense into these executives. How the hell do you let that kind of thing get so out of control?

Blame this on big Willie for a huge part of that. It's rumored that the biggest reason for the film breaks were to adequate with his schedule.

But rival studios tell me that “despite great tracking internationally, their midweek openings in Australia, France, Korea, and Germany are mostly behind Battleship or John Carter. Weird.” Those are two comps which no studio wants to hear in the same sentence with its summer blockbuster.

Posted Image

LMFAO

Kiss of Death

Sony's biggest opening day in Russia? I don't get it.

It beat out Avengers!!!1

why the hell are they comparing it to MI:GP? that had a much smaller budget. i doubt this will do that well is Asia. it will probably do better in latin america tho

Because MI:GP is one of the biggest grossers in Asia and is the most recent blockbuster there.

ASM will be fine.Total Recall is fucked.