Impact

Behind the Camera

So here is a question for players: How do you find stories for your films? What inspires you?

For example, you'd have noticed that Fatal Rendezvous is listed as an adapted screenplay. The actual storyline of the film is very much an invention of my own in a number of different ways, but the source of it all is a fictional court case from College Mock Trial called State v. Jackie Owens, which is the trial of Jackie Owens for Bennett's murder. I cobbled the plot and character arcs together from the witness affidavits in that fictional case that tell a series of events from that witness's point of view and their own opinions/observations. I then used some of the hinted background elements from those affidavits to then create my own spin on how things went down and invented some new elements of my own (namely the direct involvement of the Mob in the second half that leads to the death of a couple of the characters who are very much alive and ready to testify for one side or the other in the Mock Trial case).

I have gotten ideas from dreams before. (I actually read about a author that had a notebook next to her bed for whenever she got a idea in the middle of the night)

Most times, things just come to me, and I just write them down. I have pages of various ideas, some are crap, others are somewhat decent. I go there to find my movie ideas.

I've got three films I'm going to TRY to post next year. King and Country, my Six Hours in Hell movie (I don't know how this isn't a real movie), and another project under wraps for now. There is also a strong possibility none of these films ever see the light of day.

• Community Manager

So how exactly do I start?I have three ideas for some films, plus stories and budgets but I'm not sure where to begin....Sorry to put this here but I have no idea where else I can ask this

When the Part One for Year 4 is posted (and stickied) in a week or something, post it there. If you have any general questions on how to play the game:http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/610-cayom-player-guide-how-to-play/That should cover it. If you have specific questions, ask in that thread.