Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

Reviews might be effecting the opening, but WOM is good, it will have legs. $1B is still in play. Remember people were disappointed by Avatars opening and it took most of the following week before they realised we were in for something special. This isnt going to do that, but it will have legs.

Edited by Rovex

I wouldn't be surprised by it missing $1b WW.

That'd be terrible. But it'd also demonstrate that this site needs to stop thinking that just because something may underwhelm in the US, the easy-to-please OS crowd will still lap it up. I never made any hard predicts on TH so I have no right for an 'I told you so', but I always knew that the lower stakes of the film could be an issue and was vocal about not being impressed with the trailers. That kind of stuff affects OS just as much as DOM.

Really? I wasn't. For an original movie it opened great. And Hobbit is a prequel, it'll be much more frontloaded.

We don't know that yet. We'll have to wait until Tuesday to see if the opening itself was frontloaded (atm Fri looks stronger than Thu though) and then for weekend 2 to see if there will be holiday legs.

When ODs are terrible you know something is wrong.

you have an agenda here, you want this to fail, so you are only see it that way. Not going to mention any markets its doing well in i guess. How about when it breaks the Dec OW record in the US?
  • Like 3