baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

1. Prometheus (Fox) NEW [3,396 Theaters] R

Friday $22M, Weekend $55M

2. Madagascar 3 (DreamWorks Anim/Paramount) NEW [4,258 Theaters] PG

Friday $21M, Weekend $58M

ZOMG, she changed it back! :rant:

That's a good opening day for Prometheus. Its midnight/OD ratio is the same as Inception, cinescore is B vs B+ for Inception, but Inception had a B- among audiences over 25.

Wow, didn't realize Inception got such a middling CS. Goes to show that CS really isn't worth that much a lot of time in measuring WOM.

Glad to see SWATH falling off a cliff and nosediving 65% from last Friday. The less success that mess has the better.

I find it bizarre that it was SW that collapsed on Friday and not MIB. I mean Prometheus has like minimal appeal to females. :huh:

Wow, didn't realize Inception got such a middling CS. Goes to show that CS really isn't worth that much a lot of time in measuring WOM.

Inception was a divisive film. Lots of older folks HATED it, teenagers loved it though.

22 for Prometheus does reopen the possibility of close to 60m. While 21m for Mad3 puts it easily over that mark.

I hope you're right about the possibility of 60m for Prom still in play. Personally I think it needed at least a mil more today to have a shot, but I'd love to be wrong.

I hope you're right about the possibility of 60m for Prom still in play. Personally I think it needed at least a mil more today to have a shot, but I'd love to be wrong.

It would need a softer than expected drop on Sunday, but it's possible, just not very probable. Another 1m on Fri would help a lot.

But Prometheus in North America debuted to an overperforming $3.561M in midnight screenings at 1,368 locations, shooting its Friday gross to $21M and a minimum $55M weekend.

And the toon distributed by Paramount also took in $21M Friday and should enjoy a giant Saturday kid bump to win the weekend with $58M. (Though one rival studio predicts as much as $63M.)

she updated again