baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

I'd say the disappointment is a byproduct of the fact that it will inevitably sink like a rock starting today.

Or not.(well, it'll most likely drop today since it had good midnights; what it'll do in the long run is up in the air) Edited by Elessar

• Founder / Operator

Or not.(well, it'll most likely drop today since it had good midnights; what it'll do in the long run is up in the air)

Its not *that* up in the air. I'm not saying its gonna fail to reach $100 million or anything like that. But its not looking like it will do very well.

Regardless of what you are told, Prometheus is a film you have to see for yourself before you make a decision on it. I hope audiences don't go running away thinking its 'inherently bad' when it's not. It's just highly subjectional.

• Founder / Operator

Regardless of what you are told, Prometheus is a film you have to see for yourself before you make a decision on it. I hope audiences don't go running away thinking its 'inherently bad' when it's not. It's just highly subjectional.

I suppose that's true. I certainly wouldn't tell anyone to avoid it like the plague, whereas I did with something like Battleship.

PROMETHEUS75% Flixsters7.8 imdbGREEN LANTERN47% Flixsters5.9 imdb

It's silly to compare Prometheus to Watchmen or GL. Comic book flicks are niche and very frontloaded by their nature. Only the best of them manage to hit 3x multiplier. Prometheus could potentially do much better than that. Edited by RTX

Its not *that* up in the air. I'm not saying its gonna fail to reach $100 million or anything like that. But its not looking like it will do very well.

There are no signs of bad wom, it is mixed. Reviews are good. It could very well do $150m, which would be good for the type of movie it is. Edited by Elessar

There are no signs of bad wom, it is mixed. Reviews are good. It could very well do $150m, which would be good for the type of movie it is.

finally some sense.

When a film like Prometheus gets WOM so split with people praising it our outright hating it, this is usually the sign of a movie that will someday become a classic. lol

This might help its legs actually. Some people might decide to check it out just to form an their own opinion.

• Founder / Operator

150M DOM + 400M OS will make it big hit, considering the budget was only 130M.

That's not including marketing. The final budget is definitely north of $150 million.If it could manage $550m worldwide then it should end up a decent enough success. Don't see that happening though. Edited by ShawnMR