baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

You're overestimating Spider-Man's brand-name value. Personally I think it gets past $200M. But under? It is possible.

You're underestimating Spider-man's brand value.

Kids love Spider-man. Girls enjoy the romance. Teenagers can relate to him. Most men grew up on Spider-man and dreamed about being him as a kid. It's a four quadrant movie like Avengers.

Batman also has tremendous brand value.

Batman and Robin didn't even fall below 200 m (adjusted with 3D). Now imagine if Batman and Robin was better than Batman Forever.

So yeah. ASM will fly past 200 m

• Like 1

Weekend Estimates:

BATTLESHIP has officially sunk domestically w/ $59M in 4 weeks. Even JOHN CARTER ($72M) will gross more.

SNOW WHITE lost her crown as Universal's film fell -59% w/ $23M. 10-Day total is $98M w/ sequel on the horizon.

https://www.facebook.com/ercboxoffice

I'm a little skeptical of a Snow White sequel. It kind of reminds me of when WB announced a Green Lantern sequel while it was struggling to make it past 100 m.
  • Like 1

You're underestimating Spider-man's brand value.

Kids love Spider-man. Girls enjoy the romance. Teenagers can relate to him. Most men grew up on Spider-man and dreamed about being him as a kid. It's a four quadrant movie like Avengers.

Batman also has tremendous brand value.

Batman and Robin didn't even fall below 200 m (adjusted with 3D). Now imagine if Batman and Robin was better than Batman Forever.

So yeah. ASM will fly past 200 m

Kids love Superman, Batman and the Hulk too. Their relaunches struggled. You're not taking into account how bad the marketing for TAS has been, its mixed reaction and the fact they're starting everything over after the ill-received Spider-Man 3. Those factors will hurt its box-office. At the most...$225M and if the 3D bump really helps (which it doesn't always See Wrath of the Titans still not crossing $100M domestic and John Carter).

International? No doubt it will save Sony's bacon here.

Look at Inception. This and Inception were running parallel on Friday with 21.8M vs. 21.4M. Inception on Saturday stayed flat with 21.8M and Prometheus should have stayed flat on Saturday with 21.4M if it had great WOM. On Sunday Inception fell only 12% to 19.2M. Prometheus would have fallen about 26% giving it a Sunday of 15.6M and a weekend total of 58.4M vs. Inceptions 62.8M. Then is WOM was amazing it could have gotten a 4.0 multiplier and finish with about 233.6M

lol you cannot base drops yet on WOM.You have to look at reactions from audiences...

And from what i've seen/read here/looked at, a lot of people loved it, a lot of people hated it, and a lot of people were meh.. I think a $140-$150 range is what I see for it.

I'm a little skeptical of a Snow White sequel. It kind of reminds me of when WB announced a Green Lantern sequel while it was struggling to make it past 100 m.

Snow White isn't struggling past 100M though.

No, it's naturaly frontloded, there was pent up demand on friday.TDK dropped 29%, i guess that was awful as well.

TDK had a 75M Friday though. It would be natural for it to drop that harsh on Saturday because of a huge Friday.

Look at Inception. This and Inception were running parallel on Friday with 21.8M vs. 21.4M. Inception on Saturday stayed flat with 21.8M and Prometheus should have stayed flat on Saturday with 21.4M if it had great WOM. On Sunday Inception fell only 12% to 19.2M. Prometheus would have fallen about 26% giving it a Sunday of 15.6M and a weekend total of 58.4M vs. Inceptions 62.8M. Then is WOM was amazing it could have gotten a 4.0 multiplier and finish with about 233.6M

Inception wasn't R...And what was Inceptions friday without midnights?

That's what I said as soon as it was announced. Dropping the sequel news on Thursday night before the film's second weekend, seemed an obvious attempt at squashing some of the bad WOM. I really don't see it happening.

You folks realize that there have been 7 BATMAN Movies in something like 22 years, beginning with the 1989 BATMAN and culminating with the soon to be lackluster TDKR in 2012.. Personally, I wish WB would give this franchise a rest after this, for at least 5 years cause if WB reboots this right away, count on a backlash of people getting sick of it..

Ummm TDKR is suppose to be the final Batman for awhile.

You folks realize that there have been 7 BATMAN Movies in something like 22 years, beginning with the 1989 BATMAN and culminating with the soon to be lackluster TDKR in 2012.. Personally, I wish WB would give this franchise a rest after this, for at least 5 years cause if WB reboots this right away, count on a backlash of people getting sick of it..

I agree. I don't want another Batman film until the end of the decade.