hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

So in the midst of this truely epic flame war comse the even more epic news that Battleship has officially crossed the $60m milestone. I don't think any of us predicted it would get so far. ;)

hmmm

rounded numbers = i like.

But still under JohnCarter or Poseidon remake.

Edited by Gideon

Paradise would be the title of the sequel, right?Will they still relate the movie in a way or another to Alien or completely avoid it?

If I had to guess, the Engineers are gonna be the main focus of the films with the Xenomorphs and their other creations being secondary but remain parallel to Alien and Aliens(I prefer this one), or they'll do 1-2 sequels that will end up connecting to it Alien.

Not according to TASM. According to TASM, it was Parker's destiny to become Spider-Man (unless the previews are misleading me).

Perhaps, but then one could argue the same thing for Potter - how he was "destined" to be the one based on the prediction. Still, my point stands - both characters are "everyday kids" that weren't very special until "destiny" changed their respective paths.

Perhaps, but then one could argue the same thing for Potter - how he was "destined" to be the one based on the prediction. Still, my point stands - both characters are "everyday kids" that weren't very special until "destiny" changed their respective paths.

I would argue the same about Potter. However, I'm not really a Potter fan and didn't love the movies, so it's not as important to me. With TASM, it's a re-interpretation of the character, who was the way you described before this reboot.

Best numbers of the day - my bro who is in a ridiculously hard law school went from a 1.8 GPA (horrible beginning for him and he is super-smart ironically) to a 2.74GPA. Stunning improvement! I felt the box office crowd would appreciate these numbers.

All law schools are hard. The crappy ones are the hardest because they try to fail out the bottom 10% of the class.
  • Like 1

Avatar? Much more enjoyable than Avengers, and actually carried emotional weight.

Requoted after so many pages to highlight the FAIL!! :D

It's not that I hold firmly that The Avengers carries such a high emotional threshold but vs Avatar, a poorly plotted rehashed Ferngully, it looks like solid Oscar material!!

Requoted after so many pages to highlight the FAIL!! :D

It's not that I hold firmly that The Avengers carries such a high emotional threshold but vs Avatar, a poorly plotted rehashed Ferngully, it looks like solid Oscar material!!

Ehhhhh...look, I liked TA WAY more than Avatar, but this is not a statement that holds up under scrutiny. Avatar was not so bad that a near perfect popcorn flick looks like a BP contender. In fact, Avatar was pretty damn good. Just not something I can get into like some of its fans do.

I just finished reading this thread, wow what a mess. I knew Noctis would go apeshit as soon as TA passed DH2 WW. He definitely didn't disappoint in this thread.

Well DH2 should still have the 3rd spot on the WW chart. I'm sure if THG or TH had beaten Potter this thread would have never happened.

Well DH2 should still have the 3rd spot on the WW chart. I'm sure if THG or TH had beaten Potter this thread would have never happened.

BS, a movie makes what a movie makes. TA is better than DH2 anyway so I'm definitely happy with this.
  • Like 3

So, now the TA vs Avatar thing uh? I mean, we are bored with TA vs TDK already? :P

Nah, only the potter loonies are. I loved Avatar's BO run (Cameron loony) and I'm loving TA's run. TA's run has shut the haters up. Nothing they can say will diminish it's run.
  • Like 2

Nope, it shouldn't. It lost to the better movie. It lost to the more popular movie. More people liked TA than DH2.
  • Like 4