hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

Deathlys Hallows Pt. 2's perfect top critic rating is impressive.

Look I want to see a repeat of yesterdays epic awesomeness as much as the next man. But you need to be a bit more subtle in your attempts to re-light the fires. :P

Look I want to see a repeat of yesterdays epic awesomeness as much as the next man. But you need to be a bit more subtle in your attempts to re-light the fires. :P

Maybe be next Monday when the first post of the daily thread is 'where is TA number?'

Avatar is a superior film to Avengers in every way. Visually, acting, story, crativity, entertainment.... Absolutely everything.

And yet I see no 'likes' for this. Interesting.Avatar is a 3-D spectacle of a film. Remove that spectacle and it's a rather by the numbers film with cardboard caricatures in key roles.

And yet I see no 'likes' for this.Interesting.Avatar is a 3-D spectacle of a film. Remove that spectacle and it's a rather by the numbers film with cardboard caricatures in key roles.

Who cares if I get any 'likes'. I enjoyed the thread, I think everyone else did too.I think Avatar held up very well on DVD, watched it a few times now and it is still a great film.

I've supported it and enjoyed it the same why I enjoyed AIW's BO run, I just don't think AIW deserved 1B WW the same way I don't think TA deserves 3rd spot on the WW chart.

Sounds confusing.You support those BO runs but don't think they deserve the money they made?
  • Like 1

Sounds confusing.You support those BO runs but don't think they deserve the money they made?

Well yeh you can't help but get excited for a 200m OW and a 600m domestic total. Doesn't deserve that much though.

Deathlys Hallows Pt. 2's perfect top critic rating is impressive.

Not really. Critics are just people. Their opinion isn't any more or less valid than yours or mine.

You can have an opinion about anything you want. But it gets ridiculous when you're trying to tell everyone that a movie didn't deserve its gross. The movie gross is determined by how many people wanted to see the movie in the theater. A movie deserves the money that it makes because people decided that they wanted to see that movie.The box office isn't your personal academy awards. You don't control how other people spend their money. The box office merely reflects the choices that people made. If TA is number 3 over THG or DH2, that's because more people chose TA than those 2 movies. You can adjust for inflation to try to keep the currency equal. But beyond that, if more people chose TA then you have to accept it.

I completely disagree. I think it's perfectly fine to say whether something deserves the gross it got or not. There's nothing wrong with thinking that a (subjectively) better film should have a higher gross than another. I don't believe Avatar deserves the box office crown because I don't think it's a great movie. So what?

People are just pissed when an unworthy film like TA or Avatar makes too much money. There was a similar backlash against Transformers 2.

This is the problem in a nutshell. Some people can't accept that people disagree with their opinions about movies. They can't accept that the majority has different tastes than them. So they whine and complain when a movie they have decreed is "unworthy" breaks out and becomes the talk of the town.Look at RTX. His fragile ego can't handle how wrong he was about TA and its success. If it wasn't so sad, it would be kind of funny. Edited by The Iron Horse
  • Like 1