Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

The city destruction scene in Transformers 3 was more fun to watch than the Avengers, which felt kind of similar and stale since it came out a year later.

That Transformers Scene is one of the best action scenes put to film IMO. It knocks TA's final battle out of the park. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Honestly, I thought Transformers 3 had the weakest action scenes of the three (and, while I dislike the films as a whole for the unbearable characters/humour, I do think they have excellent action scenes). It felt like it dragged on too long, there wasn't too much variety and key battles like Optimus vs Megatron (and the true main villain) were way too short. Admittedly Revenge of the Fallen had the same problem with Optimus vs the Fallen, but Optimus's *spoiler* death battle more than made up for it. Of course, that's not to say I thought the action scenes in Transformers 3 were bad (Shockwave destroying the skyscraper was great), I just didn't like them as much as the other two (although I don't prefer Revenge's action by much).

That being said, I saw the Avengers before I saw Transformers 3 so it may just be a case of whichever you saw first having a better impression on you.