hasanahmad

Tuesday Est. Box Office Mad3 5, Prom 2.5, TMB 1.9 Snow 1.9 RoA 1.8

I actually think it can get a 5 multiplier. I just think that the WOM has to kick in soon enough and people will give it a chance. If it stays at 1.6 on Thurs, it could do this:

That's big.

Bigger than Hairspray.

A big-names cast didn't spark people's interest.

Isn't it too late?

Won't they forget this movie is playing?

Why would they come in the theatre room for this one in the next weeks?

If ROA is meant to have a 5x multiplier it would have shown some signs of good legs already. Today is its only good day so far. I dropped hard yesterday even thought Father's Day didn't give it any benefit.

WOM really doesn't kick in until the next weekend.

That's big.Bigger than Hairspray.A big-names cast didn't spark people's interest.Isn't it too late?Won't they forget this movie is playing?Why would they come in the theatre room for this one in the next weeks?

Not bigger than Mamma Mia though.

Not bigger than Mamma Mia though.

I, usually,- like Meryl Streep or Christine Baranski- like blue sky and sunshine settings- like some ABBA songs...Despite all thisI COULDN'T finish this movie.

Next to Avengers, it's my fave of the year. Best time I've had in a theater in a loooong time. Seen it twice and let singing to myself both times, massive smile ear to ear.

Wow. That's exactly how I feel about ROA.

If only people weren't so influenced by what critics say and what the cool bandwagon tells them to like or dislike, because this film is so much fun.

• Like 1

Mamma Mia! was ok. I don't have a strong opinion of it either way. Only thing I really love is its box office run, which was enormously impressive.

Seriously look at this beast! DOM was huge but thinking back on it, I thought it did something like $300m OS... double check and realize it did $450m+... $600m+ worldwide! Simply massive!Think about that... more than doubles John Carter/Battleship on 1/5 the budget, even outgrosses all previous Marvel films with exception of IM2 (and even that just barely beats it)... http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mammamia.htm

I did like Colin Firth and Meryl Streep in the movie, but Pierce Brosnan couldn't sing for fucks sake.

Yea, but Alec Baldwin can't really sing and Kevin Nash definitely can't sing. But they just have fun with it. The movie epitomizes fun. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I mean the girl is on a bus at the beginning singing Sister Christian to herself and the entire bus joins in. It's not a real life situation we're talking about here....just a rollicking good time.