Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

We are asking for Saturday numbers? Nikki doesn't even have her top 10!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

She is working out a memorable qoute to be remember by her. It's not very easy you know, it takes alot of hard work and very depth analysis to came up with NOT RECORD or was it No Record?

AAheimdall says 23.1m for Brave Saturday(Which sucks for my BSG). :P

Are you looking at Wall-E perfomance in the 3 days? Cuz that movie opened almost the same time frame and dropped on saturday.

Here we go!

BRAVE

2D - 1156(1003)

3D - 499(766)

Total - 1655(1769)

+/- -.06

3D Ratio .30(.43)

ABE LINCOLN

2D - 166(206)

3D - 149(145)

Total - 315(351)

+/- -.1

3D Ratio .47(.41)

I have a spreadsheet template I made in OpenOffice. It has these basic stats and our IM and stuff all nice and easy to read. Anyone know how I can post that here?

• Like 3

That would mean something to me if he was the main reason people went to see those movies on opening weekend. He wasn't.

Um he sure played a huge part in people going to see The Vow which was driven by female appeal. I can tell you they sure as hell didn't go for Rachel McAdams. ;) 21JS I agree is debatable how much was him, but The Vow's success was largely him. And this movie like the Vow is targeting women, so there you go.

Here we go!

BRAVE

2D - 1156(1003)

3D - 499(766)

Total - 1655(1769)

+/- -.06

3D Ratio .30(.43)

ABE LINCOLN

2D - 166(206)

3D - 149(145)

Total - 315(351)

+/- -.1

3D Ratio .47(.41)

I have a spreadsheet template I made in OpenOffice. It has these basic stats and our IM and stuff all nice and easy to read. Anyone know how I can post that here?

This site http://tableizer.journalistopia.com/ I don't know who gave me this, but it works.

Here we go!

BRAVE

2D - 1156(1003)

3D - 499(766)

Total - 1655(1769)

+/- -.06

3D Ratio .30(.43)

ABE LINCOLN

2D - 166(206)

3D - 149(145)

Total - 315(351)

+/- -.1

3D Ratio .47(.41)

Try using the "HTML" option in a post?

Otherwise, you could stick it on GoogleDocs and just share the link.

Magic Mike is my bet for next week, the hype is huge, feels like this is an "event movie" for women like the first Sex and the City movie wasTed on the other hand is something that would appeal to the young men demo, you know the ones that watches Seth's animated shows so I think it should do well

Um he sure played a huge part in people going to see The Vow which was driven by female appeal. I can tell you they sure as hell didn't go for Rachel McAdams. ;) 21JS I agree is debatable how much was him, but The Vow's success was largely him. And this movie like the Vow is targeting women, so there you go.

The Vow had great marketing and a perfect release date. While I agree that Tatum probably attracted a portion of the audience, it wasn't like women ran to the theater for a "Channing Tatum movie." It was a romantic weepy released on Valentine's Day weekend that just happened to star an actor they find attractive. Dear John was the same genre and it didn't open that big.The only hype I see is on this forum. My girlfriend and her friends have no interest in it. Edited by tonytr87

so Brave dropped a few percent on Sat?70M OW is gone.

This doesn't bode well for my Alliance predictions, I was predicting a slight bump on Saturday followed by a bigger Sunday drop, but I've already kinda resigned myself to my pretty crap predictions on all the questions already. :P

The Vow had great marketing and a perfect release date. While I agree that Tatum probably attracted a portion of the audience, it wasn't like women ran to the theater for a "Channing Tatum movie." It was a romantic weepy released on Valentine's Day weekend that just happened to star an actor they find attractive. Dear John was the same genre and it didn't open that big.

Except Dear John DID open big, $30m. It had the second biggest OW for a romantic drama at the time behind Pearl Harbor, the 2nd biggest Super Bowl OW, and finally knocked off the Avatar juggernaut. Obviously Tatum himself has a big following with female appealing roles, like Magic Mike will be.

That would mean something to me if he was the main reason people went to see those movies on opening weekend. He wasn't.

This is your opinion of course. I guess it's really 3D and not adding "Tatum scenes" that pushed GIJ: RETALIATION eh?

The only hype I see is on this forum. My girlfriend and her friends have no interest in it.

Say wha??? :huh:This forum is where there's the least hype for it by far!! Everyone's underestimating it here because we're mostly guys here and let's face it most of us couldn't care less about it. But I've definitely seen some strong female interest and hype for it outside our little hub.