Gopher

Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (August 22, 2012) (breakout of 2012? :P)

This thing is a record holder, ITS A BIG WIN

Also we may have a review from the Spill Crew coming up soon, Co-Host 3000 posted on this facebook:

"I Oogiedosed on The Oogieloves and their Big Balloon Adventure! There's nothing more nerve wracking than sitting in an empty theater with only one child in attendance, sing and dancing her ass off, while her mother constantly looks over at you with the stink eye. Awkwarrrd. By the way, that little girl was tripping balls!"

• Like 2

Never fear, we're getting our sequels, guys!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058603/

Despite the dismal opening, Viselman said "nothing has changed" with plans to move forward on developing two more "Oogieloves" films, though likely not on the same scale as the first.

"It's very possible that we have a different release plan," Viselman said before adding that he still intends to release the first film internationally via an overseas distribution partner. BBAM -- a split ownership between creatives and investors -- has ancillary and foreign distrib rights to the "Oogieloves" property.

• Like 1

These are priceless

http://www.fandango....26/moviereviews

More than just a movie. A wonderful experience.

by alexarancone

I just spent a wonderful two hours with my six year old twins at the Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure. They loved this movie so much, and the three of us danced and clapped and sang together. What a sweet film and absolutely undeserving of all the negative press it's getting. I wonder how many of the critics have young kids. Parents of young ones need to speak up in support of the Oogieloves. Terrific family movie!

I guess if you connected with one person, it was worth all the trouble, right?

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

What about this one:

My Kid Won't Stop Talking About The Oogieloves

by mike.cap

My wife and I took my daughter (2.5 years old) to the Oogieloves and she loved it! This movie is 1000% about the kids. I loved the fact that I did not need to have an anxiety attack wondering if my kid was going to offend anyone by singing and dancing around like a two and a half year old should be doing. If you are looking to get out with the kids and do something that they can enjoy...this is it. Now I have to go because my daughter keeps asking me to find J.Edgar (character in the movie) on the iPad. The only review on this film I would pay attention to would come from someone who actually took a child to the movie with them.

:mellow:
  • Like 1

From Nikki

"I really object to error-prone media outlets characterizing newcomerOogieloves In The Big Balloon Adventure (2,160 theaters) as “the worst national opening ever”. First there’s the qualifier that it’s a movie playing in more than 2,000 theaters. And then there’s the reality that it actually debuted midweek so that disqualifies it from being the worst right there. Granted, this Kenn Viselman Presents pic made a really lousy 3-day weekend showing of $445K, and the 4-day holiday just $601K, for a total $827K during its first 6 days through Labor Day. And its per screen average gave new meaning to the word anemic. Problem was, as one reviewer snarked, it’s a children’s movie for those tots who think the Teletubbies are too sophisticated. ‘Nuff said."

• Like 1

So, I've been reading this movie cost SIXTY MIILLION DOLLARS when you include advertising. Is this true? If it is, I think we have our winner for the bomb of the summer. What a complete disaster. They really expected the more braindead members of the toddler community to bring this acid trip anywhere near to a profit?!

• Like 1

So, I've been reading this movie cost SIXTY MIILLION DOLLARS when you include advertising. Is this true? If it is, I think we have our winner for the bomb of the summer. What a complete disaster. They really expected the more braindead members of the toddler community to bring this acid trip anywhere near to a profit?!

It looks like it cost $60 to make :mellow: . Before, I figured -- hell they made a nick jr. TV movie that they tested to see how the type of film could play in theatres. But if it had an actual blockbuster budget?

as they are planing 2 sequels it clearly is a money laundering operation

• Like 1