ecstasy

Nora Ephron dead at 71

Excerpt from her 2010 book.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/06/26/nora-ephron-left-clues-about-dying-in-her-final-book

What I Won’t Miss

Dry skin

Bad dinners like the one we went to last night

Technology in general

My closet

Washing my hair

Bras

Funerals

Illness everywhere

Polls that show that 32 percent of the American people believe in creationism

Polls

Fox

The collapse of the dollar

Joe Lieberman

Clarence Thomas

Bar mitzvahs

Mammograms

Dead flowers

The sound of the vacuum cleaner

Bills

E-mail. I know I already said it, but I want to emphasize it.

Small print

Panels on Women in Film

Taking off makeup every night

What I Will Miss

My kids

Nick

Spring

Fall

Waffles

The concept of waffles

Bacon

A walk in the park

The idea of a walk in the park

The park

Shakespeare in the Park

The bed

Reading in bed

Fireworks

Laughs

The view out the window

Twinkle lights

Butter

Dinner at home just the two of us

Dinner with friends

Dinner with friends in cities where none of us lives

Paris

Next year in Istanbul

Pride and Prejudice

The Christmas tree

Thanksgiving dinner

One for the table

The dogwood

Taking a bath

Coming over the bridge to Manhattan

Pie

• Like 3

when i saw her name trending i felt i knew her, then it turns out she's responsible for 3 movies i love dearly , my favorite"when harry met sally" the dialogue is just so crisp and smart and funny i find it crazy romantic because of how real it feels

other favs include "sleepless in seattle" and "you've got mail" that always leave me teary eyed afterwards(i love reading so the film being based in the bookstore world touches me a lot)

i also found julie&julia sweet! she was a great screenwriter, very sad to hear someone who had such a love for the written word is no more!

here's an article i found reviewing one of her films:

http://ollyrichards.net/2012/04/01/when-harry-met-sally-masterpiece-review-empire-april-12/

i'll highlight this passage:

"when harry met sally is one of a very small group of unimprovable romantic comedies, a genre so systematically abused that the mere term has practically became a pejorative.Since the early 90's...most romantic comedies have had almost nothing to do with romance.They're a Valentine cookie-version of romance:cheap ,sickly and unlikely to last the week.

They've become, generally, not about couples but about one person actively hunting for love,being annoyingly self-obsessed and shallow, crying on someone sassy and then,after one-to-three dates, falling madly for some bland assemblage of Perfect Man clichés, usually shaped like matthew McConaughey

:bravo::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: its a genre i use to love but now its rare if i see one or two in a year that i actually can get behind and say it was great, they usually leave me feeling like when you've had a fast food meal on the moment you feel like you've eating a lot of food and that you're full but an hour after you're hungry and you don't understand why

She didn't get her first screenplay produced until she was 42! Gives all us budding writers some hope.

Absolutely! I just started writing at age 32. On one hand, I wish I had begun earlier, but on the other, I probably lacked the necessary discipline and maturity to finish anything. As time passes, I become more and more convinced that things happen as they are meant to...