Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I like that there are day and night versions of the BH6 city poster. :D

Reminds me of these two Frozen posters, one with Elsa unleashing her powers and the other with Anna looking at the ice palace.

Posted Image

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 3

To be honest I'm a little disappointed by the posters/animation.

The teaser that was released like more than a year ago with the washed out mistiness looked really, really brilliant.

It has retained most of the look, but seems to have been a little toned down. That teaser was beautiful.

Why does this keep getting compared to Pocahontas? Just because it comes after a big Disney breakout?

Because this is EXACTLY like the Renaissance, and each film that is released now needs to be connected to one of them. Any deviation from that isn't acceptable.

• Like 2

To be honest I'm a little disappointed by the posters/animation.The teaser that was released like more than a year ago with the washed out mistiness looked really, really brilliant.It has retained most of the look, but seems to have been a little toned down. That teaser was beautiful.

I'm not sure if you saw the Japanese trailer, but...

The funeral scene looked gorgeous.

• Like 1

Because this is EXACTLY like the Renaissance, and each film that is released now needs to be connected to one of them. Any deviation from that isn't acceptable.

For the 1200th time this not following the renaissance era, this is following the PIXAR golden age era. Frozen is Nemo and BH6 is The Incredibles. Makes sense since Lasseter was involved both the PIXAR golden age and the current WDAS revival.

For the 1200th time this not following the renaissance era, this is following the PIXAR golden age era. Frozen is Nemo and BH6 is The Incredibles. Makes sense since Lasseter was involved both the PIXAR golden age and the current WDAS revival.

Or this is just a happy coincidence?

Remember that Disney didn't anticipate Frozen's success so we can't really call this era similar to Disney's Renaissance nor we can't call this yet as Disney's Revival until we confirm first on BH6's success.

Maybe this era (2010's) can be called as Disney's CGI Renaissance and the 90's as Disney's 2D Renaissance, for distinction while 2000's as Disney's Baroque period???

Edited by phantom

How to Train your Dragon 2? 

Not sure about this but there is an issue in Oscar that Best Animated Picture is not reliable since the panels are not animators and they just choose according to popularity or if it's Pixar (if made by Pixar then automatically it will win e.g. Brave).

Remember that last 2010, Toy Story 3 won the Oscar BUT Annie Award was given to HTTYD, which Annie Award is much reliable when it comes to animation.

So my bet is it's either Big Hero 6 (since Pixar is on leave this year) or a foreign animated film but I doubt Lego Movie will win due to it's "childish" design while HTTYD2 didn't make any dent in popularity

Edited by phantom

Not sure about this but there is an issue in Oscar that Best Animated Picture is not reliable since the panels are not animators and they just choose according to popularity or if it's Pixar (if made by Pixar then automatically it will win e.g. Brave).

Remember that last 2010, Toy Story 3 won the Oscar BUT Annie Award was given to HTTYD, which Annie Award is much reliable when it comes to animation.

So my bet is it's either Big Hero 6 (since Pixar is on leave this year) or a foreign animated film but I doubt Lego Movie will win due to it's "childish" design while HTTYD2 didn't make any dent in popularity

Toy Story 3 was nominated best picture. It was going to win no matter what. But i get you on the pixar think. However Cars/monsters inc didn't win in the years they came out. Monsters university wasn't even nominated (which as a huge shock imo). 

They should at least put in "Based on Marvel characters" somewhere in the promos.

The trailer that actually played in the theater tonight before GOTG did indeed have a brief "inspired by Marvel characters" card thrown in towards the end of it.