Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Yeah, a week of creepy people in costumes and overcrowded halls where you can't understand half of what the panel says and most of it is just uninformative fanwank anyway.

I'd rather go somewhere where I'm guaranteed an early screening *cough*TIFF*cough*

I would go to sdcc for the comics, celebs and merchandise.

They also have some cool shit going on. I heard they had a pizza cannon for the TMNT movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie or the later promos start with Marvel logos.

It will probably have the logo at the beginning. The Marvel logo for the movies from other studios (it's not a Marvel Studios after all).

In the promos I doubt it, the movie opens in 4 weeks and we already have a lot of trailers and spots. If they didn't feature the Marvel logo, I doubt it will have it ever. But that's fine, let's not confuse people as why a Marvel movie from Disney isn't in the MCU, it is already enough complicated with Fox and Sony and their heroes (I already heard people wishing for some Batman/Iron Man crossover so a lot of people aren't aware of the studio situation). And the movie seems to sell itself, no need of Marvel.

They're now using the Marvel angle in the promos.

And Marvel right now = Pixar 2007-2010 era.

I still think this is going to do gangbusters. It will be to Frozen what The Incredibles was To Finding Nemo. Not as big, but still pretty damn big.

The Incredibles/Nemo comparison might be a really good one and I hope it turns out to be like that. This movie looks really good.

• Like 1

Disney Animation ●—● @DisneyAnimation

Surprise: Everyone in the panel who received a white #BigHero6 wristband have a chance to see the film tonight! #NYCC

Wow! Those people got to see BH6 two weeks before the world premiere in the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 23! :o Edited by Mojoguy

This looks great, but I'm starting to worry that Interstellar may eat into its potential.

Maybe the Nolanites should be worried. ;) The more I see of Interstellar the more boring and preachy it seems (its teaser was great, but that's it), while the more I see of Big Hero 6, the cooler and more entertaining it seems.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie or the later promos start with Marvel logos.

I would be surprised because it's not a movie that Marvel has any interest in promoting--aside from being loosely inspired by an obscure comic of theirs, Big Hero 6 is a Disney (WDAS) animated feature, which is a whole other thing.

I'm guessing

The dude's brother is the bad guy

I seriously doubt it.

Disney Animation ●—● @DisneyAnimation

Surprise: Everyone in the panel who received a white #BigHero6 wristband have a chance to see the film tonight! #NYCC

WDAS must feel pretty confident that the WOM among the geeks there will be positive. ;)

It will probably have the logo at the beginning. The Marvel logo for the movies from other studios (it's not a Marvel Studios after all).

But those are movies that are like Marvel's own movies, while WDAS did their own thing with Big Hero 6, which is a Disney animated feature. If there will be a Marvel logo, then that would be Disney's (the parent company's) doing, because Marvel has already made their view on this clear. Marvel might not be pleased with that, and WDAS would almost certainly not be pleased with that because it's their movie.

let's not confuse people as why a Marvel movie from Disney isn't in the MCU,

And besides, it's not a Marvel movie from Disney--it's a Disney animated feature from WDAS.

And the movie seems to sell itself, no need of Marvel.

It may benefit from the confusion in the media, with many journalists still calling it a Marvel movie. But as for Disney selling the movie, they are using Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and the movie itself for this, as it should be.

• Like 1