Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

You know me too well.

Not gonna deride BH6 at all until I see it, but LOL at anyone actually thinking LEGO wasn't a good movie. 

LEGO>Interstellar

Yeah.  Seriously folks.  I love BH6 but LEGO was a great movie too.  LEGO, GotG and BH6 were the films I was most looking forward to seeing this year and I wasn't disappointed by any of them!

This is a great and overall positive thread, let's not get into putting down LEGO or Dragon (but by all means, feel free to poke fun at Legends of Oz).

• Like 3

Big Hero 6 The Disney superhero-Japanese anime-inspired toon racked up an estimated $7.6 million in its third weekend from 17 territories.  Russia has the motherload of the foreign take counting $18.2 million from Big Hero 6’s $23 million overseas total (worldwide stands at $79.2 million). Big Hero 6 also holds the record in Russia as being the second biggest Disney-Pixar toon release of all-time. No. 1s were hit in the Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia. The mega-foreign rollout for Big Hero 6 is staggered, capitalizing on school holidays overseas with Italy going Dec. 18, Spain on Dec. 19 and Japan on Dec. 20 for starters.  The robot pic storms into Mexico, Trinidad, Singapore, Malaysia and Cambodia next weekend.

Wait, not Interstellar? That's interesting. I thought Interstellar had more screens, and here, screen count pretty much determines how big the opening is gonna be.

• Like 1

Big Hero 6 Countdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!

161.350,220M:Countdown to Aladdin's 217,350,219 

427M:Countdown to 450M OS 

520.8M:Countdown to 600M WW

Very good OW. WOM seems very strong plus with winter holidays coming 4 multiplier is likely which would push it over Aladdin domestically. OS it's slow rollout but so far strong start nonetheless. In Russia, it's up to 18.2M, 3rd biggest WDAS animation there behind Frozen and Tangled. I love this movie and really hope it breaks out in China and Japan and push the WW total to over 700M+.  

• Like 8

Big Hero 6 Countdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!

161.350,220M:Countdown to Aladdin's 217,350,219 

427M:Countdown to 450M OS 

520.8M:Countdown to 600M WW

Very good OW. WOM seems very strong plus with winter holidays coming 4 multiplier is likely which would push it over Aladdin domestically. OS it's slow rollout but so far strong start nonetheless. In Russia, it's up to 18.2M, 3rd biggest WDAS animation there behind Frozen and Tangled. I love this movie and really hope it breaks out in China and Japan and push the WW total to over 700M+.

Yay Druv with the countdowns!!

• Like 2

I think the non musical WDAS films like WIR and BH6 have potential for sequels but the earliest WDAS could release one to either is 2018 due to having no films in 2017 and they already have a full slate with Moana, Zootopia, Giants and the Space film.

• Like 1

Kid has asked for deluxe action baymax for Xmas.

Are you gonna pick it up?

Also, I know it's silly to be disappointed, but I really am.  It's a lot harder to find Baymax toys that aren't him in the armour.  I think a Baymax pillow of him in his normal mode would be awesome.

• Like 2

Yeah I am, the kid really wants it.

I am disappointed in the lack of phrases that Baymax says.

I saw the 'plush' baymax for sale somewhere.

Are you gonna pick it up?

Also, I know it's silly to be disappointed, but I really am.  It's a lot harder to find Baymax toys that aren't him in the armour.  I think a Baymax pillow of him in his normal mode would be awesome.

• Like 1

Yeah I am, the kid really wants it.

I am disappointed in the lack of phrases that Baymax says.

I saw the 'plush' baymax for sale somewhere.

tumblr_netb90gfxl1tbqydso1_500.jpg

This one?  ...he looks pretty good.  I want him.

• Like 3

The Incredibles doesn't count as sci-fi if this does?

I think they mean that it's more sci-fi because it's slightly futuristic in setting and primarily centered around a robot character?

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1

I'm actually not sure what primary genre Big Hero 6 falls under.

I mean it's billed like a Superhero movie, but really... Hiro's goal isn't to save anyone it's

to get justice for his brother's death

. The primary focus of the movie is on Hiro and Baymax rather than the superhero team aspect.  Would this be more sci-fi than superhero?  (Not that it can't be both, but if you had to pick one of those as the primary genre)

BTW: For the purposes of this question: Animation is a medium, not a genre.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 3

I'm actually not sure what primary genre Big Hero 6 falls under.

I mean it's billed like a Superhero movie, but really... Hiro's goal isn't to save anyone it's

to get justice for his brother's death

. The primary focus of the movie is on Hiro and Baymax rather than the superhero team aspect.  Would this be more sci-fi than superhero?  (Not that it can't be both, but if you had to pick one of those as the primary genre)

BTW: For the purposes of this question: Animation is a medium, not a genre.

I have to agree with you, this very much felt like a sci-fi film to me as well. :)

Especially when Baymax 

was evolving and became more human

Edited by GuardiaStar
  • Like 1