Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Also, while I agree that it's not going to get near Frozen's numbers, I also think people are very quick to say this movie is a disappointment!  It's likely going to be higher than WiR and that was no slouch... but also... they seem to forget that Frozen didn't just show up and clobber the box office in its opening week.  Why do they expect BH6 will?

What I liked more about Big Hero 6, than say, the Lego Movie, was that this made me use all of my emotions throughout the film.

I was barely sad during the Lego Movie, that felt just like an ADD film to make us happy. This on the other hand, made me happy, excited, and sad, sometimes all at the same time.

I haven't seen Big Hero 6, but IDK what the heck you're talking about with LEGO; that movie had the potential to just be ADD and keep us happy, but then the third act transcends the film into making it what's still the best (not counting anything I haven't seen and Interstellar, since I need a rewatch to solidify what I think of that) mainstream movie of the year.

I cried.

• Like 1

Also, while I agree that it's not going to get near Frozen's numbers, I also think people are very quick to say this movie is a disappointment!  It's likely going to be higher than WiR and that was no slouch... but also... they seem to forget that Frozen didn't just show up and clobber the box office in its opening week.  Why do they expect BH6 will?

Because some people have a very short memory and can't help doing the same mistakes over and over again, that's sad but it's true...

Because some people have a very short memory and can't help doing the same mistakes over and over again, that's sad but it's true...

This won't have Frozen like legs, but it should do well enough to have a 4x multiplier.

So a finish around 220 - 230m.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

This won't have Frozen like legs, but it should do well enough to have a 4x multiplier.

So a finish around 220 - 230m.

It could but the competition will be impressive in the next few weeks so that seems realistic.

I can imagine a very impressive performance in Japan though..

It could but the competition will be impressive in the next few weeks so that seems realistic.

I can imagine a very impressive performance in Japan though..

I forsee a good run in Japan and not because it has Japan influences or features Asian characters (that shit didn't help Pacific Rim or The Wolverine in Japan).

Definitely won't be as big as Frozen was in that country. Still solid numbers are to expected.

• Like 1

I forsee a good run in Japan and not because it has Japan influences or features Asian characters (that shit didn't help Pacific Rim or The Wolverine in Japan).

Definitely won't be as big as Frozen was in that country. Still solid numbers are to expected.

I see it between 50-100m there, 100m could be passed.

• Like 1

So Frozen had zero impact on BH6's opening weekend. BH6 and Wreck It Ralph have almost the exact same OW. :blink:

BH6 had competition from Interstellar not Ralph.

BH6 targets a wider audience so its legs will be better.

In that case it's perfectly fine :)

In Russia it got 2 weeks without competition and already passed Ralph.

I just had a fun discussion about BH6 with my best friend's sons, 6 and 4 years old. When I asked them how the movie was, they couldn't stop talking about it. And they REALLY loved the

*fist bump* fa-la-la-la

thing. They did it with me over and over again and laughed every time we did it. :D

I agree, I can see great box office result in Japan. Not because of the Japanese elements in the movie, but because of the movie itself, how emotional it is.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 5

I just had a fun discussion about BH6 with my best friend's sons, 6 and 4 years old. When I asked them how the movie was, they couldn't stop talking about it. And they REALLY loved the

*fist bump* fa-la-la-la

thing. They did it with me over and over again and laughed every time we did it. :D

I agree, I can see great box office result in Japan. Not because of the Japanese elements in the movie, but because of the movie itself, how emotional it is.

United States and Japan are always there for Disney :wub:B)

• Like 1